The Tornado fuel saver

TuRbOtEcTicS

:
Mazda3
what you guys think about them? It claims to increase horsepower and fuel economy. Seems like a cheap price for what you get. they might at aroung 5 horsepower to the 3 and its pretty cheap for that much horse power gain. Would you recomend i get it or not?

Sadly, when I was an ignorant 16 year old I bought one for my MX-6...it doesn't do s***, don't waste your money.

Legit

This question is a good one. I'm a novice and I saw this thing on tv. Any feedback......thanx

I think I already know the answer but what the hell.... (rlaugh)

If you're curious, then buy it. I think every forum has this post in it. You can believe what everyone says in that it does not work or you could buy it and try it for yourselves. There's really no sense in relying on no proof, is there? Just buy it and try it if you're so curious.

TuRbOtEcTicS said:
what you guys think about them? It claims to increase horsepower and fuel economy. Seems like a cheap price for what you get. they might at aroung 5 horsepower to the 3 and its pretty cheap for that much horse power gain. Would you recomend i get it or not?

MAYBE it help with those carburators oldies... I dunno but I do know I wouldnt buy such thingys... never ever! :cool:

I heard Rain-X, The invisible Windshield Wiper!(R) will increase your car's aerodynamic! (rlaugh) (ricer) +1MPH!

no joke... (burnout)

buy a sri or cai intake... or even change your filter, but dont waste your money on that tornado stuff

it willl make u faster because all the money u pay for it meas less money in your wallet wich means youlle be lighter wich means youlle go faster....

in alll seriousness sport compact car did a test on this about 3-4 years ago. they had the owner of the company come in and do the install so there couldn't be any claims of improper install. they dyno'd it and there was no change whatsoever in h.p. they drove it for 6 full tanks of gas and got no increased fuel milage whatsoever.

bottom line the thing is a gimmic, you'd get as much hp out of it as u would sticking a hks sticker on your car.

So, go get one.

No, seriously I thought that was going to be the response (consenses) when I saw this thread posted. Thanx, I appreciate the feedback. Thanx for the thread Turbo...

Tim

i had one on my 87' maxima wagon, and i gained an extra 18mpg. Haven't tried one on the P5 yet.

PFUNK5 said:
i had one on my 87' maxima wagon, and i gained an extra 18mpg. Haven't tried one on the P5 yet.

You gained 18mpg?? Why do I find that hard to believe?

Maybe if you put in the Tornado AND stopped towing a 35-foot powerboat... (smash)

ES2k3 said:
I heard Rain-X, The invisible Windshield Wiper!(R) will increase your car's aerodynamic! (rlaugh) (ricer) +1MPH!

no joke... (burnout)
LoL! (cryhard) Unreal. mabey if you apply it to the whole car then you get more horsepower but i dont think you will gain anything putting it on your windshield. But any way thanks for the feed back. now i know i wont buy it! (2thumbs)

I put one on my 87 Dodge Daytona, and it turned into an 87 Dodge Daytona .... Honest injun

hey, i counted the miles, and it was always a 15+mpg gain. Worked okay for me...I'd gladly test one on the P5 if ya'll wanna...

PFUNK5 said:
hey, i counted the miles, and it was always a 15+mpg gain. Worked okay for me...I'd gladly test one on the P5 if ya'll wanna...

The greatest discoveries came from the most adventurous souls. Who knows... it might be similiar to 91 octane fuel; It work well on some car and is useless on some others.

Feel free to experiment.. and let us know the results!

{edit}

....wait a minute.. 15+ MPG?! i'll buy four then! one per cylinder hell yeah

Last edited:
PFUNK5 said:

You sure you don't mean 15 miles per tank? If you got a 15 mile per gallon gain, I think Mazda would be beating down your door to buy your engine back cuz you'd be getting like 45 mpg out of a standard engine!

Back