Do you think I can put 19" in the 3?

Mzda3sturbo

:
Mazda 3 ES 4- door
I was planing in a near future(thats when I have money for it) to put a 19"x8.5 in my mazda 3 and I was thinking on the Volks TE37s. Do you think that kind of wheel could fit in the car? If it fits, what kind of tire I can put on it?

It has been done but it requires a 35-series tire. If your roads are anything like mine, I wouldn't go any bigger than an 18" wheel and a 40-series tire.

The choice, of course, is yours.

mazdaspeedpower said:
then I say go 18's with the 40's..and even then be careful

Agreed. I'm sticking with 17s.

I mean, really... 5 years ago, this car would have come with 13s stock and 14s on the "performance package". 17s would have been nothing but a dream! Now Mazda gives us 17s and people want to go even bigger.

I'm not knocking anybody's taste but how big of a wheel do you really need? When does it stop looking like a compact car and start looking like a covered wagon? (shrug)

Maybe I'm just old...

I mean, really... 5 years ago, this car would have come with 13s stock and 14s on the "performance package". 17s would have been nothing but a dream! Now Mazda gives us 17s and people want to go even bigger.

I'm not knocking anybody's taste but how big of a wheel do you really need? When does it stop looking like a compact car and start looking like a covered wagon?

Maybe I'm just old...

I know what you are saying but I always want to put a 19" to a car of mine since I have the chance now that I have my own car I want to put them but I am considering what you said about the bad roads and I think I will go with the 18"

Mzda3sturbo said:
I know what you are saying but I always want to put a 19" to a car of mine since I have the chance now that I have my own car I want to put them but I am considering what you said about the bad roads and I think I will go with the 18"

More power to ya, man. Do whatever makes you feel good! (rockon)

Seriousely, do what you really want to do, but I agree with Goldwing, 19" are completely unnecessary. You are taking more risks and spending more money (now and in the future) for something that will provide no substantial benifits over a 17" or 18", other than the fact it's larger.

lol

goldwing2000 said:

I'm not knocking anybody's taste but how big of a wheel do you really need? When does it stop looking like a compact car and start looking like a covered wagon? (shrug)

Maybe I'm just old...
Agreed, I'm gettin' out of a Bronco w/ 15's. I'm still tryin' to get use to the ride diffrence. (much more road feel w/ 17's vs. 15's and I KNOW it has nothing to do w/ the fact the truck had 32's) j/k

Back