Msp Reviews

They are on the newstands!!!!!!!!! MSP reviews.
two Magazines so far
Car & Driver - but they are anti Japanese cars!!!!!!!

Sport Compact Car - Great review - not the fastest, but one of the best compact cars in terms of total package!!!!!!!!!

I love the new MSP, but i could do with a different color, in my opinion it seems to be a come & go color.

Last edited:
"Import Racer!" Article

Close, but not entirely correct... Car and Driver and Sport Compact Car both have good reviews of the new MSP, but I have been reading in another thread that there is also a review in the current issue of Autoweek. And, I found a 2 page review in the October issue of "Import Racer!" at my local Barnes and Noble. Not the classiest magazine, but beggars can't be choosy. Apparently Mazda R&D let 'em take both a Black Mica and Spicy Orange Mica MSP out to an old military air station tarmac turned private track to road test the car. Key points:

- Limited slip felt "cool" in a car this light
- 60/40 Weight distributed chassis felt tight
- Some body roll at high speed, but otherwise car yields good control and is predictable
- Acceleration predictable in a good way
- Turbo distributes broad torque evenly over power band, with aggressive winding sound
- Relatively short throw shifts with Sparco shift knob
- Kenwood system pre-wired to accept Sirus Satellite Radio

Overall, a relatively small article for having been allowed use of two MSP's, but also another positive and favorable write-up on the MSP. Also, inside the front cover is the first 2 page Mazda Ad that I've seen on the MSP, much like those run when the MP3 was coming out. Mazda claims "a total of over 1000 mods." They may have been running this ad already, but I hadn't seen it, so check that out too if it's new to you too...

Back