Exhaust

mazda003s

:
Mazda 3s Titanium Grey 5-door
are there any aftermarket brands that offer exhaust systems for the 3s??
i know its still early in the market but...
there's corksports but thats too much...

help a fellow driver out..thanks

Magnaflow has a bolt-on exhaust for the 3, with a video clip to hear what it sounds like on their website too. Aside from that you'll have to a custom exhaust fabricated for you.

bluntman said:
Magnaflow has a bolt-on exhaust for the 3, with a video clip to hear what it sounds like on their website too. Aside from that you'll have to a custom exhaust fabricated for you.

thanks

bluntman said:

Has Magnaflow released that yet?

To those with catback systems, my wife is almost convinced to let me get a CAI and exhaust put on (this seems to be a trend... me asking for permission ;)). What equipment was used when you installed your catback? Did you get rid of one/both the cats, or the resonator?

More importantly, I want to know how loud it is during "tame" driving, and on those long trips... The drone of the exhaust on a long trip can drive a guy nutz sometimes, if it's too audible.

Thanks for your opinions!
~Bart~

Last edited:
I dont know how it would be on the 3, but on my protege i have the magnaflow exhaust. I left the cats but took off the resonator. I was very pleased with the sound. It was a very deep, non-ricey, sound. It does get to be annoying on a long trip though. I would leave the resonator on for a quieter sound.

i gotta magnaflow muffler and had my resonator cut out, and it sounds good. i listened to the sound clip on their web site and mine sounds just like that, except i saved a lotta $$ by just buyin the muffler and tip and havin the pipe custom bent at a muffler shop.
bvmazda3- my friends gotta civic we just did a cat back on and i didnt like it at all, even just goin down the highway its soo loud. my exhaust goin down the high way isnt loud from inside the car. and if i need it to be quiet (when theres a cop around) i can just shift a lower rpms and its ok.

well from all the posts the cat back deletes a cat...

Da 6 said:
well from all the posts the cat back deletes a cat...

A bolt-on cat-back deletes the rear cat.
A weld-on or clamp-on can be designed so it picks up after the cats but will require a little more effort to install.

just so people know the magnaflow is all stainless steel and mandrel bent. (which is almost impossible to get at some muffler shop, some muffler shops will say they have mandrel and no know or just be lying). For those of you who dont live in areas of bad weather, and drive more carefully, aluminum custom piping would suffice to save money, but other wise i would highly recommend stainless steel

yes if it so much as snows enough for salt to be put down...kiss that exhaust piping goodbye...thats the reason I didn't cut my resonator off yet....stainelss steel doesn't come easy!

Back