MiniDisc Player Installation

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Just picked up my black 3 GT sedan, oh so sweet. I previously had a Nissan Sentra SE-R... It was a little quicker off the launch, but the minute I picked up my 3 I knew I had made the right choice.

Anyways, at the dealership they told me I can get a minidisc player for nearly $600, plus installtion which would be $140 (CAD). I was wondering if anyone has any info on how to install one, as I would much rather save that $140 and put it towards a CAI or something performance related. Does anyone here have an FSM for the 3?

you really want to spend $600 for minidisc player?
save it and get aftermarket minidisc player for your car or get performance parts like CAI or springs.

I'd be guessing by saying that the installation of the minidisc player is just like installation of the MP3 player option -- pretty much just one wire to connect to the main HU. I've seen the instructions for the MP3 player and they are very well laid out, just take your time, don't skip any steps and you'll be fine.

I'm not sure but I think they're ripping you off. Check the price on MazdaUsa and some of the dealers who sell online. I can't believe it's THAT expensive!

goldwing2000 said:
I'm not sure but I think they're ripping you off. Check the price on MazdaUsa and some of the dealers who sell online. I can't believe it's THAT expensive!
I think it is CAD...(eekdance)

MD is about $400 and change. If you can turn a screwdriver and not ham handed with delicate stuff, install it yourself. It takes a #2 phillips and 15 min.

Back