ETA on the MS-P

sleeper_

ack. just got off the phone with mazda canada customer service. i was told that the car release date is being delayed to early next year :'( .... nooooo, wanted it so bad for october.. sigh.. :/
and they have no information on pricing either. i guess i'll buy a beater to drive around, sigh.

That differs from my inquiry to them last week (which was Dunno). It also goes against what Callaway told me this week (which was Sep-Nov for mods at the port for both countries). What was the reason given for the delay?:confused: :confused:

no reason given. that's all the service rep told me... all i can say is that i suuure hope you're right :)

i can't see why there'd be such a huge delay if they're already working on the cars now for them to be released next year 4 months is a loong time.

I just got off the phone with Canadian Customer Service with someone I've spoken to before. The date that she has (verified yesterday with at least 1 other CSR (out of 5)) is B4 X'Mas, 02. You probably were told the date for the new Mazda 6 which sort of sounds like MazdaSpeed.

Also remember that there has been a sighting at the Vancouver docks.

BTW, there is a info sheet now available at the dealers...no $ yet.;)

spoke to dealer this morn and he was saying that there indeed will be two waves? as he got the info from his mazda rep. first wave is october/november and second wave is early next year supposedly according to what my dealer was told.

december is ABSURD, this car NEEDS to come in october! The only thing that makes me wonder if october isnt a reliastic timeframe is that MAZDA is entirely not on the ball with respects to setting up franchises. No dealers, no matter what they say, knwo for 100% sure yet whether or not they are going to be mazdaspeed franchises. Showrooms will bear displays, and a parts area and signs and stuff all for mazdaspeed and none of that stuff has arrived at the 2 dealers around me who are sur ehtey will be franchises. I wish mazda would get on the ball. I really wish there was somewhere we could go look at a list of authorized MS dealers to make sure the one wehave our deposits with isnt just wishful thinking...

Just talked to my saleman at our local dealership and he said that he and a couple others are going down to California for a demo session on the Mazdaspeed. They will be there for a few days of training and test driving and Mazda USA will be announcing when the first ones will be available as well as final pricing. They are expecting low $21K to high $21K as far as pricing from what they've heard.

And where is anybody buying a WRX for $23K? I work at a BMW/Subaru/Volvo dealership and the ones I've looked at were around $26,500. The cheapest one without the spoiler was still $24K. I hate to tell anyone this, but I've seen under the car, under the hood, and heard about and seen the warranty stuff that comes in on those cars. They are neat, but they break.

my dealer said the same thing about a regional info session on the car. Management a salesman and service techs are all going. classroom experience and a test drive and stuff.....not sure when the northeast regional one is. hope its soon tho

my dealer said the same thing about a regional info session on the car. Management a salesman and service techs are all going. classroom experience and a test drive and stuff.....not sure when the northeast regional one is. hope its soon tho
(laugh) ....Tell you why later.

Last edited:
My local dealer is getting 6 orange (which they expect in October, of course, nothing definite yet) and then 6 black, which they expect shortly thereafter. If there's a different color in spring (I've heard rumors of MP3-blue ones as well as yellow ones) they'll probably get 6 more then too.

Think about this....if the car does not make it in October, then you may as well wait until next year. With the stock tires on this baby winter driving is a no-no...you would not want to pick up you new MSP with snow on the ground and crash it 5 minutes later, nor would you like to pick up your new MSP and spend more money on steel wheels and snows. So if the car does not make it in canada until it snows you might as well wait...

having to buy steels and tires is a given.. a month or two doesn't make a big deal. Besides, getting the dealer to give you a discount for both (at their cost price as goodwill gesture) and work it into the financing.

i already included that in my cost.

If there's a different color in spring (I've heard rumors of MP3-blue ones as well as yellow ones) they'll probably get 6 more then too.

Oh boy.

I've heard many other colors will be available in 2003. specifically, I have put a color chart to show you how varied these colors are!
c216table.gif

Got a call from my dealer today. ETA is second week of October, for Vancouver area, maybe the same for the rest of Canada.

ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival. so you got it right.....its got somethin to do with the delivery date.

Back