Rim,Wheels,Rims,Wheels....???

Boricua-Gen

:
Mazda3S 5spd
I was wondering for those who have bought rims already and for those who are still undecisive of what you want,can some one help me with feed back on what you would consider some of the best wheels out there,ie; Enkei,Volk,Tenzo,Oz,etc... I was looking at the Tenzo Drive-X7, but I'm not sure on the quality of there rims. Contrary to opinion, I think rims are the most paramount factor that makes or breaks your car in regards to appearance. (burnout) Plus does anybody know what's the difference between forged aluminum rim .vs. regular aluminum rims.And if you could post pics of the rims you want, that would be good to. (bluemp3)

These are pics of the Tenzo DriveX-7.What do you think?Primarily if there a good quality company in there rims?

Attachments

• big_drivex7.jpg
    big_drivex7.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 338
Too many unnecessary facets on rims like that IMO, but if you're going for the pimpin look, giv'er!

If I were to get rims I'd like to get some narrow-spokes, show off the brakes as much as possible type rims.. Like the Enkei RSF-2, Tenzo Poke-10 (in white.. I love white rims), or OZ Supertourismo WRC (again, in white), and paint the calipers.

As far as I know (and I don't know much honestly) I think forged rims are a single piece rim, poured in a liquid state and then machined to a final form, and others are assembled from rim and spoke components and riveted/welded/bolted together.

Painting the calipers is primarily one of the mods I want to do. Thanks for the opinion though. The poke-10 are tight. I was looking at the SuperleggaIII.But whatever floats your boat.As long as everyone keeps it real. (2thumbs)

I would like to put a light weight wheel like the TE37 from Volk so I can put 19" in it

Attachments

• te37wh.jpg
    te37wh.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 248
Airman Jack said:
As far as I know (and I don't know much honestly) I think forged rims are a single piece rim, poured in a liquid state and then machined to a final form, and others are assembled from rim and spoke components and riveted/welded/bolted together.

You got that backwards.

Casting is pouring a liquid material into a mold and then finishing the product.

Forging is shaping metal using heat and pressure. The individual forged components are then assembled.

Forged wheels are both stronger and lighter. Also about 4x the price.

Mzda3sturbo said:
I would like to put a light weight wheel like the TE37 from Volk so I can put 19" in it

Wow, your from Arecibo,PR Mzda3sturbo.I was born in Arecibo,pero then I moved to Carolina till I was 15,and I came to Nueva York. It's good to here my fellow Boricua's representing the Mazda Club (drinks) . Those Volks are nice,but to expensive for my wallet. (bling)

Latest posts

Back