got a new car!

Synthesis5

:
MX-5 MazdaSpeed
got a new car! updated, 56k beware

traded my 5 for the MSM this sat. must i say wow! i love it, allready put down 300 miles on it and i just got it yesterday, i just cant stop driving it. some turbo lag but not enough to make me disappointed in anyway. boost kicks in around 3500rpm (as if you allready probably didn't know that). im trying very hard to keep it under 4000rpm during the breaking in period. though i find myself once in a while taking it up 6000rpm and its just addictive. i love it!!! handles like a charm.

first mod: brand new car washing equipment for next weekends first wash!

Last edited:
Pitlab77 said:
they should have kept classic red :-(
im telling ya, the metalic in this paint is what made me get this color. unfortunately its a cloudy, rainy, day here philly so i wont be able to take pictures. but in the sunlight, its like the car changes color in different angles, i love it.

quick question to anyone and everyone. at what mileage should be my first oil change? im asking this because ive been told to do it earlier than usual because of the turbo.

Congrats on the purchase.... Thats' two of us on here now :)

On the oil change.... mileage reccomendations will vary by the person you talk to. I switched mine over to mobil1 at 500 miles and went from there...

Cool...yeah I'd like to see pics when you have a chance :D Also...what kinda #'s does the MSM do (1/4, skidpad etc)?

Thanks and congrats!

still cloudy and rainy down here but i gotta chance to snap some shots while the sun peeked out for a min.

IMG_1299.jpg

New%20Car%20Pix%20008.jpg

New%20Car%20Pix%20004.jpg

Whoo hoo!

Nice car... Tough choice on the color.. I went for Titanium.. Since we're the only two on the board it'll be easy to differentiate :)

cloth or leather? looks liek cloth from the top, but can't tell...

i went with the cloth. first reason, the middle of the seats are red, it goes well with the body color. second, leathers to hot to sit on in the summer.

wise decision.. I just figured black leather would be evil in Texas summers as well..

So what's on tap for you?

My list is already growing......

Roywhitep5 said:
has it started to attract any tang?
kinda, but im really trying to hold back from beating on it at this early stage (only have 350 miles on it). though i was able to test how it takes the turns and i must say im pretty impressed. my friend's 95 bmw 325 couldnt keep up on some of the twisty turns here in PA.

jflo said:
hmm you already have an open element filter on there. what does the BPV sound like ?
i can here it spool up a tiny bit louder than before. the bpv, its there, you can here but, usually i have to turn down the radio and have the window down to hear it.

Synthesis5 said:
kinda, but im really trying to hold back from beating on it at this early stage (only have 350 miles on it). though i was able to test how it takes the turns and i must say im pretty impressed. my friend's 95 bmw 325 couldnt keep up on some of the twisty turns here in PA.
You can easily outhandle any 95 325 in any turns even my almost stock 93 will do. Anyway, congrats I am too considering to get an MSM but will see what the wifes says. If you havent, come out visit us at www.miataforum.com.

Back