K&N Stuff for the 3

Manny Fresh

:
Mazda 3 GT GFX / Manual / Indigo Blue
Someone bring their Mazda 3 into the California testing grounds so they can do some R&D and make stuff for our cars. :)

well they already have the oil filter :)

in all seriousness they have said they will have intakes ready by the summer's end

Captain KRM P5 said:
well they already have the oil filter :)

I thought they only sold it for the 2.0L?

Captain KRM P5 said:
in all seriousness they have said they will have intakes ready by the summer's end

Are K&N intakes historically more expensive than their competitors' (AEM/Injen)?

Thanks!
~Bart~

Last edited:
bvmazda3 said:
Are K&N intakes historically more expensive than their competitors' (AEM/Injen)?

Thanks!
~Bart~
typically 50 to 100 dollars more, but thats usually due to retailer markup. comparing the Typhoon to the Injen on the Protege5, I'm more impressed with fitment and bracketry of the K&N, definetely feels much more solid than the Injen.

They already have the intake made for our cars. I was the one who brought my car to them to create the intake system. They said it will take a while because as you may know K@N gets all there filters Carb legal.

Mzda3sturbo said:
What brand do you guys think is better and gives more ponnies K&N, Injen or AEM?

they all are pretty much equal.. it just depends on the brand you like

injen usually comes out more in hp, K&N usually come out with the least hp and aem usually sits in between with no extensive cels(6 related)...anyone got dynos?

Back