Turbo Miata quarter mile

xelderx

Zoom Zoom Boom X 3
I went with my friend, Pat, last night to Rockingham Dragway. We've been trying to upgrade the software for his Link. We couldn't get the news maps to work, so we set it back to normal and took it to the 1/4 just to see what it would do. We asked the guy at the tech station what the helmet rule was and he said that if you run a 13.9 or lower you have to wear a helmet, but he said we shouldn't have to worry about that. My friend Pat thought that was pretty funny and we were laughing our asses off when Pat ran a 13.7 on the first run. Best time of the night was a 13.30 at 110mph. Pat was happy, but he's seen the car in the 12's so we were still not where we wanted to be. Wider tires and the software upgrade for the link should put him easily in the 12's and in need of a new helmet.

Oh yea...he's running a 1990 miata with the Flyin Miata Garret T28 intercooled and Link Management. Stock 14 inch rims with Azenis.

i believe the 1990s came only with the 1.6 liter. Ken Hill of FM was putting down over 250 whp on his 1990 IIRC

Some people put the 1.8's in there. Doesn't the head really suck on the 1.6's? Can't remember what the deal was with the 1.6's.

Replica said:
Some people put the 1.8's in there. Doesn't the head really suck on the 1.6's? Can't remember what the deal was with the 1.6's.
crank walk. same engine and same problem as the 323s.

Captain KRM P5 said:
crank walk. same engine and same problem as the 323s.
not to common. many fixes. only on early model was cured half way though the 91 production (the 92 cars)

DallasP5 said:
Check out this list of 1/4 mile times, and submit me his slip and I'll add him to the list Fastest Miata List
Sweet, I'll let him know, but he may hold off until we get the new Link software functional and wider tires so he can get back in the 12's.

Back