painting taillights

jflo

:
03.5 msp
i noticed that the taillights of the mazda3s are inside clear lenses and the surround of the lights are black. has anyone tried to paint their taillights body color yet ? i think that'd look pretty cool

okay, get out of my thread if you don't have an answer to my question. you're gay for responding with such a gay response.

i'm wondering if anyone has done this before since the taillight surround is not the same color as the rest of the body.

no you cant bake them, they cant take the same heat like the headlights... They seem to crack...

hmm...i c. thanks for explanation. what do you think they would look like if they were body colored ?

i think other examples (although not taillights, rather headlights) looked pretty good. the 360 modena has body colored headlight housings

ferrari_360_modena.jpg

morefront.jpg

mazda3_xx.jpg

not on the wagon... i dont know though. id have to see it done. i ilke it alot on the headlights. depends couldnt find any sedan pics.

Someone with Pshop skills should use that pic and make the tail lights blue so we can see. It might look nice. This was a mod that people did with the TT, but on the headlights. I think someone even did it with the tails too.

hey now!! my taillights are painted!!! I think they look hott, and I get compliments all the time (shrug) -mike

edit: I painted that stupid ass red reflector on the cf tails that stick out like a sore thumb...

DSC01496.JPG

Last edited:
hmm that looks good hawaiian ! chris- i haven't seen havo's car in a while...i'll have to see it at a meet again. and i'll try pshopping that 3 hatch

Last edited:
m3

how do you paint them? I personnally find it very nice. it gives a very special look to the mazda

Impreza3.jpg
r u speaking of stock protege tails or alteazzas...I dunno how it would look on altezzas...

kind of like these Morette tails on this WRX...ugly(puke)

yeah...just wondering what others think of this and if anyone else has done this. plastic welded would definately pose a problem to opening these up....but yeah thanks for answering my questions guys

if someone feels like photoshopin a sedan ta see what it looks like heres a pic. (yippy)

Attachments

• Picture007.jpg
    Picture007.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture008.jpg
    Picture008.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 189
Back