New Tires

Manny Fresh

:
Mazda 3 GT GFX / Manual / Indigo Blue
Ok, I wanna get rid of these crappy Eagle RS-A's.

Any suggestions on what I should get? I need them for the stock Mazda 17" rims.

Thanks.

What size are you getting, are you getting the stock width, and also would the slightly wider P215/50 R17 fit comfortably, cause I dont want to change the diameter

Last edited:
I'm probably gonna go 205/45 17, slightly lower profile. As far as I know the 17" rim should fit comfortably. I'll have to talk to my guy about it.

Manny Fresh said:
I'm probably gonna go 205/45 17, slightly lower profile. As far as I know the 17" rim should fit comfortably. I'll have to talk to my guy about it.

I cant put a smaller diameter, because we have bad roads in montreal and less diameter means less cushion which means the mags bend a lot easier.

After doing some research, I think it'll be better for me to go 215/45 R17. There is a lot of information at the other Mazda 3 forum under the Wheels and Tires section.

I'm getting the Falken ZIEX ZE-512 215/45ZR17 for cost, and labor for free. Turns out my brother's friend runs an auto performance shop. I R TEH WINNAR!

Just gotta go see him on Monday and figure out what cost is... hopefully cheaper than what the big companies are charging.

Mikey444 said:
if the 215/45 ZR17 that you are putting on fits, would the 215/50R17 be fine for the stock rim?

It will fit but your diameter will be larger, so your speedometer will be reading slower then your actual ground speed (just asking for a ticket) and you may get some torque steer. Best to stick with stock size with stock wheels. If you want to go wider, get 225/45-17 and get some 7.5" wide wheels.

With regard to the 215/45-17, the diameter is off by about the same margin but it's safer for tickets because your speedo will be reading faster than your actual ground speed.

goldwing2000 said:
It will fit but your diameter will be larger, so your speedometer will be reading slower then your actual ground speed (just asking for a ticket) and you may get some torque steer. Best to stick with stock size with stock wheels. If you want to go wider, get 225/45-17 and get some 7.5" wide wheels.

With regard to the 215/45-17, the diameter is off by about the same margin but it's safer for tickets because your speedo will be reading faster than your actual ground speed.

oh, I didnt realise, I thought the diameter was the same, anyways, thanks!

So I picked up my Falken ZIEX ZE-512's today. I got a REALLY good price for 215/45 17 which I paid $141 Canadian each. Haven't had a chance to really try them out as it is kinda cold and wet, but so far so good. They seemed to grip well in the rain... can't wait till the roads dry up. :D

Back