Gas pedal accel delay!!! WHAT IS UP???

Hey guys, i don't know if its me, but I have been noticing a delay in the gas pedal acceleration. I noticed it first when I was on the freeway. I looked down at the rpms during my shifting, and noticed that they would go up while shifting through the gears. So, I pulled over and did a little bit of a test. I let the engine sit for 10 seconds, and then pushed down on the gas pedal and it showed IMMIDIATLY(sp)!!! The delay had to be at least .5 seconds from me pushing the pedal down, to the rpms rising!!!! This may just be me, but I have always had it in other cars just be right there when i press the gas! I don't know if this is because of the ECU or whatever, but it is there! I am wondering if this is just me or anyone else out there experiencing this? I got the 2.3 5 door manual tranny.

is it autopoo or manual tranny?

if it is auto you will have that because Auto's = teh suck!

mp3josh said:
is it autopoo or manual tranny?

if it is auto you will have that because Auto's = teh suck!
IllBinfrontofya said:
I got the 2.3 5 door manual tranny.

only thing I can say is try the tb ground experiment and see if you notice anything...as for tack...it ant accurate as you thing...the engine will growl before the tach moves if you punch it hard enough. As for trannys I wish they changed the 4 speed tranny...since the 6s is now getting a 6 speed atx tranny

Back