Hood Scoop

i don't think it would be that bad if you at least made it functional. definately don't just stick it on there.

honestly. how funcional could a hood scoop on a Mazda 3 possibly be.
Sounds like Uncle Ben's to me. Hold on.
Do you hear the bell?
Ohh, it is RICE.
LOL LOL LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Please for the sake of all M3 drivers, put the hood scoop down. Don't do anything dangerous. We do wanna help you.

splitvizion said:
honestly. how funcional could a hood scoop on a Mazda 3 possibly be.
Sounds like Uncle Ben's to me. Hold on.
Do you hear the bell?
Ohh, it is RICE.
LOL LOL LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Please for the sake of all M3 drivers, put the hood scoop down. Don't do anything dangerous. We do wanna help you.

Sorry, but I can't get technical due to my lack of knowledge, but wouldn't the scoop be somewhat functional if he has an intake system where the filter is on the top of the engine (not the CIA, which goes to the bottom of the engine.) Seems like the scoop would allow cool air for that type of intake. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah, my comment was kinda based on lack of knowledge as well. I'm only up for it if it's functional, otherwise, definately don't do it.

ehh wether its functional or not, i dont like the shape of it. either way, get one stick it on there and post pics. if it looks good ill let you know, if not well ill let you know too.

Yeah I would make it functional, there is no point on putting something on a ride just for looks and nothing else. And to you haters out there, sorry if I wanna make my 3 look a little different and not follow the cookie cutter image.

Hey, I am all for making your 3 look a little differant than the rest. That is why I have a black custom fiberglass HU housing where the factory navi. system should go with an Alpine HU. If you were gonna get the scoop on with no functionallity then it would be like me having the housing done in fiberglass and then leaving the whole for the HU empty.

I am def.not hatin but I do not want to see any M3's with cheesy PepBoys Accessories on it. So if you are using the hood scoop correctly then its all good. Post pics when you are complete.

RICE%201.jpg

(nana)​

Just my 2 cents..its nice having some originality and something different..so I suggest just do what you think that would make you satisfied..Were not the one driving your car...just some inspiration..i have a scoop on my 2gen msp converted protege...it came from the familia turbo diesel..as you see the intercooler was on top hence the scoop..and this is euro style/JDM..But still original MAZDA part..its non functional for now but im planning on making a box for it so i get to take out the intake and divert it there..cooler air so i guess better..

Attachments

• close up.JPG
    close up.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 280
  • mazda scoop.JPG
    mazda scoop.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 286
txmzdspd2gen said:
Just my 2 cents..its nice having some originality and something different..so I suggest just do what you think that would make you satisfied..Were not the one driving your car...just some inspiration..i have a scoop on my 2gen msp converted protege...it came from the familia turbo diesel..as you see the intercooler was on top hence the scoop..and this is euro style/JDM..But still original MAZDA part..its non functional for now but im planning on making a box for it so i get to take out the intake and divert it there..cooler air so i guess better..
wow, i really dont like that scoop... get a hood with a scoop built in...

how do you plan on making it functional? can the intake be re-routed to pull air from the hood through a scoop? would the shorter intake piping run be an advantage over the current CAI pickup under the engine?

Got the scoop in the mail put it on just to see how it looked and it didn't look too hot. Scoop was also kind of cheap and flimsy, guess that's what you get for $30 bux. Gave it to my friend to put on his '91 civic. Thanks for all the input and advice. I am putting all the input i got together and am opting to go for the sleeper look. Nothing would be nicer than to creep up in a stock looking III and smoking some "ricers",,,everybody agree with me on that?

SPORTIF said:
Got the scoop in the mail put it on just to see how it looked and it didn't look too hot. Scoop was also kind of cheap and flimsy, guess that's what you get for $30 bux. Gave it to my friend to put on his '91 civic. Thanks for all the input and advice. I am putting all the input i got together and am opting to go for the sleeper look. Nothing would be nicer than to creep up in a stock looking III and smoking some "ricers",,,everybody agree with me on that?

Whatcha got under the hood that your going to smoke 'em with? Careful, despite a lot of the 'riced-out' cars having nothing but show, there are still quite a few that can back up the tacky graphics and shopping-cart-spoilers with some balz.

Either way - its yer car... have fun!

~Bart~

Back