TurboHoses MSP Product Line, CONTINUED...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetUnit

Banned
:
2003.5 MSP

Attachments

• engine_bay_08.JPG
    engine_bay_08.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 764
<--subscribing for updates. Pipes are great! Left feedback in vendor review forum (as everyone else should do whether they liked them or not). What kind of core are you planning to use if you don't mind me asking (manufacturer, cfm flow rate, max hp, size)?

jurgs01 said:
<--subscribing for updates. Pipes are great! Left feedback in vendor review forum (as everyone else should do whether they liked them or not). What kind of core are you planning to use if you don't mind me asking (manufacturer, cfm flow rate, max hp, size)?

Bump for updates as well ...

How do we leave feedback for vendors?

********** said:
Original Thread. http://www.msprotege.com/vbb230/showthread.php?t=65706

(burnout) If the gains from the SMIC are plentiful, that will be the next product in production.

Is everyone happy with their pipes?

You know i love mine. Any pictures of this SMIC yet? I think that should be your next group buy.

PS - Took the car to the dealership this morning to get a front rattle fixed and they were amazed at how good the pipes look ... you get props from my whole mazda service department.

********** said:
Original Thread. http://www.msprotege.com/vbb230/showthread.php?t=65706

(burnout) If the gains from the SMIC are plentiful, that will be the next product in production.

Is everyone happy with their pipes?
Nice setup bro...
Is that a grounding kit (purple lines)? And I see you removed the heat shield... looks awesome. Having any problems with things getting too hot with out it? Have you thought about Thermal/Ceramic coating for the manifold? I was thinking of doing it in black, since my theme is more black for everything.

Let me know!
Thanks,
Dave

03MSPRO said:
I will do business with Cullen again. Super nice guy and super fast shipping.
As far as the hardpipes, like I already said, the long pipe rubs against the "U" thingy on the Injen intake. I already have scratches on the long pipe because of it. Yes, I already tried re-adjusting everything! I guess it is not anyones fault since the pipe were designed for the orginal air box and not the Injen.

I dont know how yours rub ... although i have the AEM i have a ton of clearance over 5 inches ... whats up with the Injen ... does it sit in there weird or something?

ONRAILS said:
Nice setup bro...
Is that a grounding kit (purple lines)? And I see you removed the heat shield... looks awesome. Having any problems with things getting too hot with out it? Have you thought about Thermal/Ceramic coating for the manifold? I was thinking of doing it in black, since my theme is more black for everything.

Let me know!
Thanks,
Dave
The heat shield gets in the way of the equal length turbo mani(sssh). The Purple lines are HKS' grounding kit, do it right the first time, right? I don't do the ebay stuff.

For all that have dealt with **********.com, please feel free to unleash here...http://www.msprotege.com/vbb230/showthread.php?t=65571

03MSPRO said:
I will do business with Cullen again. Super nice guy and super fast shipping.
As far as the hardpipes, like I already said, the long pipe rubs against the "U" thingy on the Injen intake. I already have scratches on the long pipe because of it. Yes, I already tried re-adjusting everything! I guess it is not anyones fault since the pipe were designed for the orginal air box and not the Injen.
On the picture above you can see what I am talking about!! It looks like Cullen bent the "U" pipe on the Injen away from the hardpipe. That's what the BPV hose going to the the other hardpipe is not straight. I was going to do that, but I was afraid to twist that skinny "U" pipe on the Injen and break it
Mariano,
Have you tried adjusting the pipes of the injen as well? Try to loosen the hose on the tubo/intake and adjust that. You should have 2 inches of clearance. If worse comes to worse, call me and I will tell you how to fix the problem...

jurgs01 said:
<--subscribing for updates. Pipes are great! Left feedback in vendor review forum (as everyone else should do whether they liked them or not). What kind of core are you planning to use if you don't mind me asking (manufacturer, cfm flow rate, max hp, size)?.
I will have all that info within a week. It is being tested this week, if the gains aren't significant, it won't go into production.

Note: With the stock WRX turbo, the stock IC was more effiecient than the FMIC and and an upgraded SMIC. There were only gains with the FMIC and SMIC with a bigger turbo and higher boost. That project got scrapped.

With that said, whatever parts we offer, you will know that the gains will be worth the investment.
(headshake I do not carry the fake, knockoff crap. Also known as(puke)EBAY PARTS. (ripped) Its the Devil's website.(lick)

(bang)Ok sorry, no more ebay bashing.

I love my hard pipes. No fitment issues or any other problems. I highly recommend them if you aren't going the fmic route.

is there a chance for a combo deal on pipes and SMIC?
i'd very interested in that for the right price.
*subscribing for updates*

********** said:
Mariano,
Have you tried adjusting the pipes of the injen as well? Try to loosen the hose on the tubo/intake and adjust that. You should have 2 inches of clearance. If worse comes to worse, call me and I will tell you how to fix the problem...

I will have all that info within a week. It is being tested this week, if the gains aren't significant, it won't go into production.

Note: With the stock WRX turbo, the stock IC was more effiecient than the FMIC and and an upgraded SMIC. There were only gains with the FMIC and SMIC with a bigger turbo and higher boost. That project got scrapped.

With that said, whatever parts we offer, you will know that the gains will be worth the investment.
(headshake I do not carry the fake, knockoff crap. Also known as(puke)EBAY PARTS. (ripped) Its the Devil's website.(lick)

(bang)Ok sorry, no more ebay bashing.

Awesome. I am glad to see you are testing it. I imagine the stock WRX turbo was of somewhat good quality (just guessing), but since our car was originally priced around $20K, they had to cut corners in some places and the IC was one place they did. It may be sufficient enough to cool the air generated by the turbo at stock boost and make it safe, but it sure wasn't put in there for optimum performance or upped boost levels. I read in another thread that the stock IC drops ~ 3psi, but that is just second-hand info I have no idea if it is true. If that is the case, then a good IC should increase boost by ~ 1 psi at stock levels (soley by not resisting flow as much) while cooling better and delivering denser air. I would imagine this would equate to about a 7-15 WHP increase in at stock boost levels, with the numbers increasing when you raise the boost proportionally. You never can tell until you test it though, I have seen theory proved wrong many times.

Loved the pipes bro, thanks for all ur help, hopefully the SMIC will go down in price... and you'll do a GB on it haha.

You're not going to see major gains with and IC, so get ready. What you WILL see, however, is consistency between runs and increased drivability, which to me is just as important. Plus it will free up the power ceiling for the car as well, because anything over stock boost and the stock IC whines for its momma.

Hmmmm i see..... damn, how much is it gonna be??? cuz i still need my apex dp with hf cat..

when your doing the devolopment for the smic, will you please try with 9 - 12PSI of boost (of course if your car can even run 12PSI). Thats what most people here want to do anyways, a SMIC (if the price is right) and then boost to 9PSI... at least thats what I want to do sooner or later!

street unit
I asked about the intake on the other thread and didn't get to finish.
When I said "we" I ment Hoover and I built the hard pipes and intake at the same time.how do you think I got my pipes over a month before they were for sale.we built them at his r&d shop in san ramon.

If you sell the intake are you going to sell the sri or the cai?
Is it going to still have a six inch green filter w/ tunnel ram.

that little piece of alluminum(tunnel ram)is one good product.

/threadjack

Street unit i see you are running the dual BPV/Type-S setup. What i cant tell is where you have the BPV run to? I see there is a nipple on the top IC pipe and i can see the BPV running off that, but where is it connecting on the other side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back