Mudflaps?

3junky

:
'04 Mazda3 Hatch
I don't remeber seeing these in an accessory brochure or anything, is there a site that sells 3 accessories (not Mazda, too expensive (wow) )

Reason I ask is because the tires come out about an inch from the panels of the car on the front and rear of the car. Makes the bottom of the doors and back lower bumper get messy real quick. Sure would be nice to have some mudflaps..

In the US, you can get mudflaps as accessories for the Mazda3i.

For the Mazda3s without sport package, you can get mudflaps for the front wheels. To get mudflaps for the rear of the Mazda3s without sport package, you'll need to remove the rear aero flares (and then get the accessory mudflaps).

You cannot get mudflaps on the Mazda3s with sport package and you also can't get them on the 5-door. The side-sills prohibit it (and also the rear bumper for the 5-door).

None for the 5-door? Damn that sux. You would think there would be a way to design these around the uderbody flares/extensions/etc. Oh well, maybe somebody can make some money if they design some and there is a demand, I know I would buy some.

i just got some universal kinda mud flaps and put em on my car. in front of the rear tires it was gettin all chipped up so thats why i didnt wait for some specifically for the 3.

mazda3zoom said:
i just got some universal kinda mud flaps and put em on my car. in front of the rear tires it was gettin all chipped up so thats why i didnt wait for some specifically for the 3.

Where did you pick those up? Also, do they look ok? Do you have any pics?

3junky said:
Where did you pick those up? Also, do they look ok? Do you have any pics?

I've seen them and they are very subtle. I didn't even notice them until he pointed them out. Just plain black flat plastic mudflaps. You should be able to get them at any auto parts store for like $5.

wongpres said:
You cannot get mudflaps on the Mazda3s with sport package and you also can't get them on the 5-door. The side-sills prohibit it (and also the rear bumper for the 5-door).

you can get them for the 5door..... i got them thru mazda.

you have to drill thru your rear bumper and install these plastic/metal reinforcers. for the front, its molded around the side stills, but u have to cut thru the rock guard.

3junky said:
None for the 5-door? Damn that sux. You would think there would be a way to design these around the uderbody flares/extensions/etc. Oh well, maybe somebody can make some money if they design some and there is a demand, I know I would buy some.

I know I want some, my car is black, and as soon as you take it on the road, not so black anymore

I was curious about this as well with the sport package. It'd be nice to have some sort of option, though I'm not sure I'd take it due to how it would look...(trade-off in looks over time though)

mazda3zoom - do you have any pictures of your aftermarkets?

the only thing that sucks about the flaps that curve around the outside of the car is that they rub off the paint. my girls dad had them on his silverado and one of them came off and there was a big spot that went to the paint where the mud flaps were rubbin. thats why mine that i have on are just on the inside of the wheel well. ill take some pics tomorrow when its lite outside.

Thanks m3zoom, I'd love to see them. Any solution that looks decent and doesn't cost too much $ would be great!

Where are you guys getting your information about the mudflaps not fitting the 5-door? The catalog I have says nothing about them being car/trim specific. I just called my Mazda dealer and they havn't heard this and said that I could order them for my car.

Sir. SpeedALot said:
Where are you guys getting your information about the mudflaps not fitting the 5-door? The catalog I have says nothing about them being car/trim specific. I just called my Mazda dealer and they havn't heard this and said that I could order them for my car.

I haven't actually called Mazda. How much did they quote you for the flaps?

accessories.mazdausa.com
(I couldn't get the link to work, site seems to be very slow)

If you choose the 5-door at this site you dont get an option for flaps..

One interesting side-note:
My dealer quoted me something like $160 for the blue/black premium floor mats, to which I said "no thanks". This site lists them at $85. Maybe I should think about changing the dealer I go to, what a ripoff!

Last edited:
3junky said:
accessories.mazdausa.com
(I couldn't get the link to work, site seems to be very slow)

If you choose the 5-door at this site you dont get an option for flaps..

One interesting side-note:
My dealer quoted me something like $160 for the blue/black premium floor mats, to which I said "no thanks". This site lists them at $85. Maybe I should think about changing the dealer I go to, what a ripoff!

They were around $80 for all 4 flaps. I got the premium floor mats and all trim pieaces for $200. If you go to carsdirect you can see the "interior trim package", what it comes with and what it costs. Before you try and buy something through the dealer, always do your own research and find out invoice compared to msrp. There are dozens of sites that list all the options for the 3 and what you should be paying for them.

remember nobody ever goes to the dealerships for anything so their prices are gonna be sky high cause the internet gets sales worldwide where the dealership gets sales in that general reigon only!!! my all wealter mats ran me $80 (oem from assembly) alot of people say don't waste the money but mine fit the car to a "T" and says Mazda 6 on them so I don't look like a penny pintching cheap ass bastard....

heres a few crappy pics of the mud flaps, its been rainin all day so its dirty. i took a dirt road on the way home and as you can see theres no mud (or chips and scratches) down the side skirts, so they work for now. the second pic is the rear and they need to be raised a little cuz if i take a corner too fast they touch the ground.lol. (eekdance) in the last pic u can kinda see it too, and the nice shiny exhaust.

Attachments

• frontmud.jpg
    frontmud.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 232
  • rearmud.jpg
    rearmud.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture010.jpg
    Picture010.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 203
mazda3zoom said:
heres a few crappy pics of the mud flaps, its been rainin all day so its dirty. i took a dirt road on the way home and as you can see theres no mud (or chips and scratches) down the side skirts, so they work for now. the second pic is the rear and they need to be raised a little cuz if i take a corner too fast they touch the ground.lol. (eekdance) in the last pic u can kinda see it too, and the nice shiny exhaust.
No offense but those look terrible.

There are no specific, official Mazda mudflaps available for the Mazda3s, U.S. 5 door. None. This will be another wait and wait and wait deal. I just want to cut down on the crap that gets on the back of the car.

ZippityZoomZoom said:
No offense but those look terrible.

There are no specific, official Mazda mudflaps available for the Mazda3s, U.S. 5 door. None. This will be another wait and wait and wait deal. I just want to cut down on the crap that gets on the back of the car.

what looks terrible? if your talkin about the mud flaps i dont really give a s*** how they look. i have them there because the side skirts were gettin all chipped to hell. almost looked like they were sand blasted on the part right in front of the rear wheels. i didnt pay $21,000 for a car ta have it look like crap after a month. (friday)

Back