Poll, Photoshop Interior! What do you think?

Do you like this design?

• Yes, that looks awesome

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, what the hell you thinking

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
:
Mazda 6s Lapis Blue / Mazda3 5-door Sunlight Sliver
Sup everyone! I’m thinking about doing something to my interior to make it a little more unique and to change the surface characteristics of the material used my Mazda on the interior (for those of you who didn’t see my other post, I really dislike the materials that were used on the Mz3). Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s an awesome design; just don’t like how dirty everything gets and how hard it is to clean (it also feels funny, but that’s just my opinion). Anyway, I did some Photoshop work of what I would like to do. I think the only concern I have is the possible glare from the sun on the dashboard piece. I could just leave that one black and paint the rest red. What do you all think? Thanks in advance for the replies and votes.

m3%20interior%20copy.jpg

Looks nice.

That looks cool Speed. I agree w/ you about the material and the difficulty in cleaning it. The look you got there is just to , umm how should I say this... visual for my taste. I like it though. Are you gonna color match your interior to the exterior?

Last edited:
it looks nice if you keep it dark. i personally dont like colored interiors - i like my dark interior, its less distracting - but if you want to change keep it darker...bright colors in peoples interiors looks nasty to me. like a kid coloring.

The exterior color is Sunlight Silver. Also, I will keep the red "dark". Here is a picture without the dash piece. I think this looks pretty good too.

m3%20interior%20copy%202.jpg

I think that looks great! I did my P5 and for the first day or two I was wondering what the hell I had done, but it didn't take me too long to get used to the change - especially when I started getting compliments! I mainly did the pieces that were originally silver (except the doorhandles - they were a PITA) so it would not look too overdone, with the exception of the DaveB rings and the lock button surround. Word of advice, make sure it cures for at least 24 hours or recommended time on the paint b/c as you can see mine kind of faded a little (supposed to be red, ack!). There is also a great how-to in on this in that section as well. It's for a P5 but there are some good tips anyway. Good luck and definitely post pics when you do it!

jpg%20p5%20int%20ps%20controls.jpg
jpg%20p5%20int%20console.jpg
jpg%20p5%20int%20main%20cluster.jpg
jpg%20p5%20int%20ds%20controls.jpg
jpg%20p5%20int%20daveb%20gauge%20rings.jpg

That looks awesome Glownfish. That's exactly what I want to do. I've seen some other post where people have done this, but none of them look as good as yours. I'm pretty good at doing this type of "craftmanship", but I don't know what type of paint will work best. I don't have an airbrush either, so I will be purchasing caned paint. What did you use? I will definately post picks when I'm finished. I'm hoping to do it this weekend.

Follow these directions and you will be set. They're not for your model but as long as you can figure out how to remove the pieces you should be good. You might want to do a search on removal but usually they just pop right out. I used DupliColor Metalcast in Annodized Red on mine but Plastikote as illustrated in this How To is just as good. Make sure you follow all the steps succintly and you should turn out with an awesome professional job! :D

Edit: If you're considering using DupliColor check out their website for tips: www.duplicolor.com. I used the DupliColor Adhesion Promoter first, then the Base Coat (which is what gives it the metallic effect), the Annodized Red for the color, then Clear Coat.

Also, if you want a subtle change, since your car is silver, you might try the Mirage DupliColor paint in Ice. It will give you a color shift effect that won't be as drastic as going all the way red. However, IMHO, red is teh best! :p

Last edited:
I think it looks good, but I would deffinatly leave out the top piece. It looks much better that way. Cant wait to see the end result

Why would someone pay 200+ for fake vinal covers when you can do it yourself for the cost of a few paint cans. I'm a DIY kinda guy. Also, if you do it yourself you can pick and chose whatever color you want.

yeah but fact is 90% of the rattle can spray guys can't do a good job. i did pretty much my whole interior this way in my sunfire, but i had the body shop spray it, it comes out so much better from a spray gun versus a spray can.

hey shana, whats up with this flippy looking thing where the cupholders are supposed to be?
jpg%20p5%20int%20console.jpg

Tee hee. :D That flippy little thing pops open to reaveal my cup holders. Mine's a 2002 and they changed it to just open cup holders in 2003 (or 2002.5, not sure). I like the flippy thing though 'cause I can keep things in my cupholder securely.

i would imagine you can pull out the whole thing(ya know the whole part that unclip from around the shifter) and swap em...(maybe we'll test it out on saturday at the meet with an 02)

ok, back on topic :D

Well I know it pops right out I'm just wondering since the later model's kinda slopes upward if that makes any difference.

Back