Why can't I heel toe

az7

:
04 Nordic Green 3i
i am having a very hard time learning how to heel toe..........i either slam on the breaks or get no breaks and all gas.....is the 3 a hard car to do this in??.....i can never seem to get my foot to the gas pedal as it seems that it sits alot lower than the brake pedal.........any suggestions

I'm not trying to insult you but what tranny do you have?

also as stated before practice makes perfect...

I heel to all the time but i have a auto, i didnt even know i was doing anything special till now.

lol yea i got a 5 spd.......i just like heel toe because when you got an exhaust on your car it sounds nice

if you have small feet, the gap between the brake and gas pedal may make it hard to 'roll' your ball of foot from brake to gas to blip the throttle.

try this: with ball of your right foot holding on the brake pedal (hold = NOT SLAM on it!), turn your right heel and use your heel to blip the throttle

see if that helps :)

in my car (i dont have a mazda) I had to raise my gas pedal about half an inch so I could heel toe, maybe your gas pedal is to low like mine was

Wow, bumping a thread that's been dead almost 6 years. To post an emoticon. Here's one for you...

(hand)

resurrection.jpg

Isn't the accelerator pedal too far sunk in, in relation to the brake? How does one raise the gas pedal up further?

LAWL this thread is ancient.

Heel toe isnt always heel toe gentleman.... I use the side of my foot and not my heal at all. No room with the pedals that close. It all depends on the pedal layout for each car.

Back