resonator

jbass

:
mazda3
hi everyone, I installed a Magnaflow muffler on my 3 and I still found it was not enough lousy for me so I remove my resonator. It it now very nice and it makes a damn good sound. I just wonder how it will affect my car with the snow, rain, dust...can it be problematic for my car?? thnx

jbass said:
hi everyone, I installed a Magnaflow muffler on my 3 and I still found it was not enough lousy for me so I remove my resonator. It it now very nice and it makes a damn good sound. I just wonder how it will affect my car with the snow, rain, dust...can it be problematic for my car?? thnx
Your question was "Will removing the resonator be problematic?" No. Just don't drive through water deeper than 16". The intake for the airbox is now on the bottom of the filter compartment so the only conceviable way water could get up there is if you drove through deep water.

doctor3 said:
Your question was "Will removing the resonator be problematic?" No. Just don't drive through water deeper than 16". The intake for the airbox is now on the bottom of the filter compartment so the only conceviable way water could get up there is if you drove through deep water.
At partial opened to wot applications...but nevermind that...if you took measuring tape and measured from the ground up...find where the drivers seat, dash and floor board is in between those 16 inches and then decide if hydrolocking is your main concern...
(nuts)

Last edited:
jbass said:

is he talkin about his intake resonator or the exhaust resonator???

Back