any one installed a SRI in their 3?

TuRbOtEcTicS

:
Mazda3
ive seen enough 3's with CIA's installed but havent seen any SRI's any one got them installed. im considering getting the SRI because its been raining alot here the past 2 months.

is there flooding in the area? if not you wanna get a cai....unles you did what I did and turn a sri into one for cheap...It will sound difrent as a sri than a cai...also the sri is an improvement over stock but once the radiator fans kick in then heatsoak will happen..reason I asked on flood is the splash guard totally hides the intake form the elements....

the intakes is hidden behind like 2 layers of splash guard on the bottom, and hiding behind 2 splash guard by the wheel well. For it to hydro lock, it will have to be submerged in water. rain and what not will not hydro lock your engine.

and where are you goign to find a SRI? The one that's available is .... 1200 bucks CDN. AEM is not making a SRI.

Last edited:
I believe...

I believe that AEM designed both and than dyno'd them and the SRI showed no WHP gains from stock and don't quote me but I think the reason was the heat in the engine compartment. Warm air = no power, cold air = more power. (blah)

the one on the 2.3 6i managed to pop off 12whp and like 9ft-tq (According to aem....) I guess cause the 2.3 is spaced well away from the fender....I also had a custom heat shield before I just said f*** it and got out the dreamel and made me a coresponding piece....intake was $139 fee ship (New) on ebay.

Back