bose system in hatchback

genericuser

Contributor
:
96 Miata M-Edition, 2015 Mazda 3 Hatch
how many speakers does the bose system in the hatchback have? and does it still have the subwoofers like the sedan?

it is the same as the sedan except the sub is mounted on top of the spare tire

ahhh.. that's where they hid it.. I didn't have the chance to go looking for it.. thanks!

the way I see it, I have 60 cubic feet of cargo space to mess around with.. that has many possibilities

The hatch has a 9 inch sub stock............I just got my new black mazda 6s on saturday. I have a question though, my boy is going to give me 3 12-inch MDX subs, power caps, class D amp and premade box for the amps but he said for it to work the best i need to install a deck in the car, I have the mp3 player in my car already, is there a spot for me to put a deck in so i can get this or a website i can find that has decks for the mazda6?

your best bet is to prolly make use of the space given on top of the center console. I mean in the storage area. I've seen it on someones cardomain a few weeks ago. Custom work needs to be done fosho

I think if you put 3 12" subs in your car it will literally fall apart if you turn them up really loud. You're gonna get things loosening up from that crazy vibration, all kinds of rattles, etc. This is why I would only do this on a less expensive car like a Protege or Civic.

Oh man! I just looked at the sub and amp combo that they put in stock. That thing is soooo small. Does anyone think that they will (or already do) make a more powerful sub amp combo that will use the stock wiring harness?

don't think so...I know the bose sub that cadilac cts and IIRC impala get "Hits Real Nice"

That little sub is all I need to make my tunes sound perfect.... Guess I'm too old for that earth rumbling bass you hear people blasting from their custom stereos.

Its not about volume, its about sharpness and un-muddiness of bass. Bose does not achieve that - at least not in the Bose optional audio system in Mazdas.

I had the bose system in my 03 Mazda 6s...I don't have it in my 04 Mazda 6s. I don't notice any real difference. Sounds almost identical to my non audiophille ears.

The only advantage I see with the bose system (ignoring all the upgrade negatives), is it comes with the 6 cd changer, which by itself, costs almost as much as the entire system.

Then of course if you want the MP3 player instead, you should just avoid the bose system entirely.

crossbow said:
I had the bose system in my 03 Mazda 6s...I don't have it in my 04 Mazda 6s. I don't notice any real difference. Sounds almost identical to my non audiophille ears.

The only advantage I see with the bose system (ignoring all the upgrade negatives), is it comes with the 6 cd changer, which by itself, costs almost as much as the entire system.

Then of course if you want the MP3 player instead, you should just avoid the bose system entirely.

I have to disagree with you. I have the MP3 player in my 04 mazda with the bose system and love it, i do realize a difference between the non bose and bose package cars cuz my test drive was non bose. I am still putting in 3 12inch subs and i think they are goin to disconnect the sub that comes stock, i cant wait

Well you must have some sensitive ears, cause nobody even knew I didn't have the bose system when I got the new car...

Plus without the bose system, you can swap some infinity's in there pretty easily, much less muddy sound.

I wasn't too keen on the Bose thing because of the money and wanting an mp3 player, but the way they packaged the options, I didn't have much choice. Now that I have it though, I'm glad I got it - its the bes car stereo system I've ever heard (not an audiophile).

I have a Nomad Jukebox that I'm planning on mounting on the center console, with power/line jacks in the storage compartment. Not the best solution, but it'll do.

People rip the bose system way too much. One thing alot of you have to realize is that not everyone likes that earth rumbling bass produced by massive subwoofers....in fact I hate it! I think the bose sounds really good and has the perfect amount of added bass from the small sub. If I spent the same amount at a car audio shop I'm sure all I would get is alot more powerful bass which I don't want anyways.

Garfinkle said:
People rip the bose system way too much. One thing alot of you have to realize is that not everyone likes that earth rumbling bass produced by massive subwoofers....in fact I hate it! I think the bose sounds really good and has the perfect amount of added bass from the small sub. If I spent the same amount at a car audio shop I'm sure all I would get is alot more powerful bass which I don't want anyways.

Yeah, i agree. I love my system and don't hear all the stuff people complain about. Overly loud bass just gives me a headache anyway. Putting the volume on 12 or 13 is as high as i go and it sounds excellent at that level. Very clear.

T

Back