The new brake pads for the rear...

Nathan G

:
Mazda 3s
Just curious, I read a thread earlier about someone getting their rear pads replaced for free. Is this easy enough to walk right in without a hassle or do I have to fight it tooth and nail?

The brakes are awesome! I make much use of them with the Florida drivers down here, but the dust is really annoying.

Good luck. Tooth and nail probably wouldn't cover it, unless you have badly grooved rotors. They won't replace them for dust.

RonH said:
Good luck. Tooth and nail probably wouldn't cover it, unless you have badly grooved rotors. They won't replace them for dust.
:( Damn. I swear I'll clean off my rims, drive about 10 miles and I'll have a nice layer of dust on them. They are starting to become grooved however.

I'm not the brightest person but...if you have grooves you need more than just brakes...the grooves will cut into the new pads and continue udentical wear if the rotors oren't either refinnished or replaced....the 6 has the same thing but for the front...I have nice rings but the dealer fix is supose to be "Pending" dust issues is getting semi-metallic or full ceramic pads. that cuts down on dust and the gunmetal rear rims. at least it isn't as bad as some where the brake dust gets on the car and look like prermature rust!

Da 6 said:
I'm not the brightest person but...if you have grooves you need more than just brakes...the grooves will cut into the new pads and continue udentical wear if the rotors oren't either refinnished or replaced....the 6 has the same thing but for the front...I have nice rings but the dealer fix is supose to be "Pending" dust issues is getting semi-metallic or full ceramic pads. that cuts down on dust and the gunmetal rear rims. at least it isn't as bad as some where the brake dust gets on the car and look like prermature rust!
I know I sound picky complaining about brake dust, but it does get annoying when I'm trying to keep the car in new condition.

I may just buy some new pads myself when I get a little extra change on me.

good luck trying to get rear pads for the 3 , I cant even get listing for the parts in autozone for my wipers, thier resposne is did u say mazda 3??

both our cars are in the system but they won't order parts for them...I went down the street after 2 days of owning the car for the filter. K&N made it and they could pull up the part # in the computer but they couldn't order them in the store? The pads they give us are great for stopping the car but if the dust they produse is left on the rims long enough can stain them.

Anyone making racing pads for the 3's yet? Racing brake pads are generally of a harder more durable material. In my past experience, they worked just as well as non-racing pads but lasted MUCH longer and did not have anywhere near as much brake dust.

I'm guessing that there's a disadvantage that they don't break as well in some conditions, but in my previous cars they've always worked. Yes, even for stopping the car in an emergency stop situation.

yeah, but thats why u buy better quality rotors too, also tirerack has pad but only for the front and not the back

Ceramic pads

If and when, aftermarket brake pads become available for the 3, spend the extra dough and get ceramic pads. They are design specifically to produce less brake dust, dissipate heat quicker, and stop better. Typically most top end vehicles will come stock with these, and even some I would consider far from top end.

Back