Size of the stock speakers?

ShockWave

:
Mazda 3 Sedan (4dr)
Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been following this forum for quite a while now. I've been searching for the sizes of the stock speakers in the Mazda 3. I have found out that the speakers in the front are 6.5". Can someone here tell me the size of the rear stock speakers (5"x7", or 6"x9")? Thx in advance. I need those sizes to replace the stock speakers with aftermarket ones.

Greetz...

PS excuse my English, should there be any mistakes in it.

Hi welcome to the boards, dont worry about the english , we dont do much better ! :) Not sure about the size , (i think 5x7) but something tells me that Jerseyemt or goldwing will know so you might want to ask them ..

Welcome

ShockWave said:
Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been following this forum for quite a while now. I've been searching for the sizes of the stock speakers in the Mazda 3. I have found out that the speakers in the front are 6.5". Can someone here tell me the size of the rear stock speakers (5"x7", or 6"x9")? Thx in advance. I need those sizes to replace the stock speakers with aftermarket ones.

Greetz...

PS excuse my English, should there be any mistakes in it.
Your English is great. Question, are the 3's the same over there as here in the states? Which did you get the 4Dr or the 5DR?
Tim

Here in the states all 4 of the speakers are 5x7/6x8. The front speakers us a round cover, but are not round. You can buy attachments at any number of web sites.

look up vaBooM on mazda3forums.com, he's the guru when it comes to audio install on the 3.

Welcome to the boards!

Dan

Sir. SpeedALot said:
Here in the states all 4 of the speakers are 5x7/6x8. The front speakers us a round cover, but are not round. You can buy attachments at any number of web sites.
Does the 4 DR differ from the 5DR? Maybe I should go to mazda3forums and ask there, NOT!

I may be talking out of my ass, but there have been numerous post showing people using attachments so they can fit 6.5 speakers in the front door. I haven't actually removed them, so I can't confirm. Maybe the 5-door differs from the 4-door. This is giving me a headache... (braindead

doctor3 said:
Does the 4 DR differ from the 5DR? Maybe I should go to mazda3forums and ask there, NOT!

doctor3, mazda3forums is a great site and i visit both this site and theirs on a regular basis. i personally like how mazda3forums breaks up the site topics. (rockon)

dannyboy said:
doctor3, mazda3forums is a great site and i visit both this site and theirs on a regular basis. i personally like how mazda3forums breaks up the site topics. (rockon)
I personally found it more difficult to navigate and didn't get the warmest reception to a question I had asked. I have been to www.axelaowners.com and it is a great site, just not as much activity. I apoligize if I offended you it was not meant as a personal attack just my opinion and we all know what those are like.
Tim

ps: the LOL was meant for Sir Speed Alot. You type fast.

doctor3 said:
Your English is great. Question, are the 3's the same over there as here in the states? Which did you get the 4Dr or the 5DR?
Tim

I got the 4dr. I think the 3's are the same with you guys, then they are over here.

@Sir. SpeedALot
I've seen a post in Cardomain which showed the front speakers to be 6.5" . I've also seen there that the rear speakers were of an oval form. That's why I asked the question here.
Thx for all the reply's. Further reply's still welcome offcourse.
@ Dannyboy
I looked up some posts of VaBoom (it's his post @ Cardomain at which I was reffering), and in those posts he's talking about 5"x7". Thx for the hints.

Greetz...

Last edited:
doctor3 said:
I personally found it more difficult to navigate and didn't get the warmest reception to a question I had asked. I have been to www.axelaowners.com and it is a great site, just not as much activity. I apoligize if I offended you it was not meant as a personal attack just my opinion and we all know what those are like.
Tim

ps: the LOL was meant for Sir Speed Alot. You type fast.

haha, no offense taken doctor3. axelaowners is a great site too, just waiting for it to take off. there's a lot of info between all the sites. sorry for typing so fast, i just have nothing better to do today than monitor these boards! haha.

Find this guy.

Find ssinstaller on this site he has done alot of custom stereop work to his 3. He has a 5DR but should most certianly know the answer to your question. Good luck.

This one is for you Dannyboy

dannyboy said:
haha, no offense taken doctor3. axelaowners is a great site too, just waiting for it to take off. there's a lot of info between all the sites. sorry for typing so fast, i just have nothing better to do today than monitor these boards! haha.
LOL

Hey BTW....

dannyboy said:
You laughing at me again! (rant) Just kidding of course.
BTW, Where is Newton? I'm in Erie and there is only 3 Mz3s here. My buddy is the sales manager @ the Mazda dealership here. The got shipped seven 3's (three 5DR and four 4DR) Two of the HB went to NY and OH. Two of the 4DR stayed local while two left the area (NY and OH).

Tim

ps: sorry off topic

Newtown's a suburb about 30 mins north of philly. I bought mine from Faulkner Mazda in the Northeast. You don't know Corey Wandless or Kim Tagert from Erie by any chance do you?????

dannyboy said:
Newtown's a suburb about 30 mins north of philly. I bought mine from Faulkner Mazda in the Northeast. You don't know Corey Wandless or Kim Tagert from Erie by any chance do you?????
Tagert sounds familar, Wandless doesn't. Do you know them from school or something? Is Newton near King of Prussia or Valley Forge?

Back