what has a better body style? mazda3 or mazda6?

dannyboy

:
Mazda 3S 4-Door (Titanium)
i personally don't really fancy the 6 at all and really like the 3's body style much better, but that's just me. if you had the money which would you purchase?

I actually like the 3s better than the 6s. Something about the bulging tail lights just doesn't do it for me. Reminds me of Marty Feldman or something.

photo_3.jpg

I prefer the exterior styling of the 6, but I think the 3 has better styling on the interior. The only thing that I don't like about the 3 is the short wheel base. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a little too skinny looking from certain angels. Hopefully, when I get some Eibach springs that will cure the problem....

As far as exterior looks go, I really don't give the trophy to one or the other. I'm a sedan guy...well, really, more of a coupe guy, but definitely not a hatchback guy...and to me, they have the same appeal: nice, aggressive front end, so-so rear end. Good profile (w/oem side skirts).

I like the 3's interior quite a bit, but also like the 6's. I'd still rather have the 3 overall though, for the slightly more gas-friendly 2.3L (I'd have to get the V6 6) and slightly more light/nimble stature.

3 Hb

3 HB all the way. When the 6 first came out it drove me nuts w/ the commercials not showing the car. Come to think of it I haven't seen commericals for the 3.

doctor3 said:
3 HB all the way. When the 6 first came out it drove me nuts w/ the commercials not showing the car. Come to think of it I haven't seen commericals for the 3.
My friend called me and said that he has only seen one (he works as a tv programing person for fox) Most of the commericals have the 6 all the way ....wonder why ?

Hmmm?

Hmmm, wonder why? I bet Mazda USA realizes they don't need TV commericals for the 3. They can't keep the cars on the lots and why put money into advertising when the damm thing is selling itself. Have I told you guys (and girls) I love my car! (bowdown)

as for the tails...jdm conforms with the body but aren't dot legal......:flip:gonna get a set and make them legal dammit...

I went up for a 3 originally but 3 hrs later I Drove off the lot with the 6....

goldwing2000 said:
I actually like the 3s better than the 6s. Something about the bulging tail lights just doesn't do it for me. Reminds me of Marty Feldman or something.

photo_3.jpg

sorry to fuel the fire with this topic, but i've seen a bunch of 6's around and they personally don't do much for me. i have to agree with goldwing about the bulging tail lights, i really, really don't like them. i personally think when it comes to body style, the 3 has the 6 beat easily. I'm not just saying that because i own one, but it's just my opinion. interior-wise is a different story, but again, i love my 3 and think for the money and the competition, you can't beat it.

the 6 is awkward looking to me, the tail lights almost look like goldwings avator! (boom08)

as for the comertials....nobody still knows what a 6 is.....i say 6 they go "OOOH 626..." nope...."yeah MX-6"...nope....."6 what?"..... "no V6 then why is it a 6?"if you are here they advertize the 6i (with un gawdly looking hubcaps) more than the v6....

3 replaces protege and 6 replaces millenia and 626...rumors of a 4..can't remember the rumor(eekdance)

dannyboy said:
the 3 definately draws more attention, GO MAZDA3!
yes very true , I was driving the other day and in a span of about 6 miles i past about 5.. 6's

if it wasn't for the metallic paintjob I wouldn't get as much attetion as I do now. Every 3 blocks people screamed "we love your car what is it" You guys don't even like the JDM one (ATENZA)?

yellow4.jpg

i think they're nice, but i still like the 3's style much better. the 6 is much too long, and those damn tail lights drive me crazy. either way, both are nice cars, and i'm kinda sad (even though i expected it), that i'm seeing more and more 3's on the road. my count so far....six mazda3's since i bought mine about a month and a half ago...

M6 vs. M3

Ok. I'm one of few who've owned both so hopefully I have something to say.

STYLING-WISE ONLY: I like the front light assembly of my 3s better than the 6s. The 6 was nice, but the 3's look like something on a spaceship, like I might open up a laser barrage on someone in front of me. I had the original grill on the 6, but the slats-stye on the 3 is easier to take care of and keep wax off of. But I think the coverings on the lights for the 6 were tougher; the actual material they were made out of was more robust and didn't chip so readily.
The rear, I think the 6 is better without the spoiler, but the 3 is better WITH it. But it looks like the actual viewing area out the back of the 3 is just right, but a spolier may cut it down too much. And the spoiler for the 6 is too big.
The 6 has those 2 rear exhausts-- cool-LOOKING, anyway, if if they're fake-ish. The single chrome one on the 3 is good, but not as ferocious as 2.
The Trunk design on the 6 is better. The 3 has an odd joint that gets snow and junk in the top, which can fall down into the trunk itself, no good in the winter. And the 3 has no good place to grab or let down the trunk, and the design doesn't let you get things in as well as on a 6.
ALso, I like the side repeater lights on the 3. They need to be clearer for during the day, but at night they can let people next to you know when you're switching lanes, and eliminate guessing on the parts of others. when you're making a turn on a dark road and someone's in your blind spot.
ALso, the side mrrors on the 3 fold back. Not usually important, but when it is ... BUt the 1st 6s had no antenna; much more classy and preferable.
And the color of the 3 is visible on the interior door frames as you're sitting in it; pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back