Mazda 3 Intake/Exhaust

I just installed the AEM Intake and a MagnaFlow catback exhaust in my 3. I've seen an improvement in power especially in the high end RPM range. My buddy has a 2002 ford focus svt with same exhaust/intake and I am keeping up with him in a race. Just wanted to let you guys know that the power difference is definetly worth the money.

Anyone know if there is an underdrive pulley available for our cars yet????

for the ford fuckedus...was the engine set up the same or is it backwards in there? also draxas should be comming out with something for the 3...

It is set up the same I believe. You all just have different heads and S-VT I believe.

So-Cal- Ford already rung as much power as they can out the SVT zetec engine so more breathing mods really wouldn't help. The 2.3 takes well to mods so it will not take you much at all. Even the Focus 2.3 guys are beating the SVT with IE mods as well. Pretty soon you will pwn3d him.

You could try http://www.focus-central.com. They have a 2.3 pully kit but again I am not entirely too sure what Mazda changed on the 2.3. You could shoot an email to find out if it would work.

there is a pully for the foci 2.3 but not shure how it will affect the misfire sensors power steering, A/C, alternator and other misc. items.....any one wanna take a risk for the team(smoke)

SoCalMzda3 said:
I just installed the AEM Intake and a MagnaFlow catback exhaust in my 3. I've seen an improvement in power especially in the high end RPM range. My buddy has a 2002 ford focus svt with same exhaust/intake and I am keeping up with him in a race. Just wanted to let you guys know that the power difference is definetly worth the money.

Anyone know if there is an underdrive pulley available for our cars yet????

Was the catback custom fabricated, or a kit? Did you retain both of the cats, or remove the back one?

While this doesn't help me a whole lot, considering we're in different countries, but what did you pay for the exhaust work?

Thanks! Good to know it responded well to the bolt-ons! How's the exhaust note at idle/WOT?

~Bart~

Exhaust/Intake Mzda3

I had the Exhaust Custom done by Warner Exhaust in San Diego, California. It sounds awesome. It's not loud at all unless you punch the gas, which I like alot. The job cost me 150$, (I know the owner, so he hooked me up big time, almost a hundred dollars off what he normally charges people). I uploaded the picture of the Intake installed in my car. Took us almost an hour to put it in. Check E-Bay for the AEM intake its a lot cheaper on there than on most sites.

Da 6 said:
for the ford fuckedus...was the engine set up the same or is it backwards in there? also draxas should be comming out with something for the 3...

They are totally different engines and the Focus engine sits with the exhaust to the front of the car.

Hmm, I think with the intake and a true mandrel bent exhaust you should be ahead of the Focus SVT in HP and TQ.

--Herb--

Da 6 said:
there is a pully for the foci 2.3 but not shure how it will affect the misfire sensors power steering, A/C, alternator and other misc. items.....any one wanna take a risk for the team(smoke)

Not many have the UDP for the Focus. It is not just a simple bolt on. If not done properly it can cause engine failure.

--Herb--

AzMz3 said:
Not many have the UDP for the Focus. It is not just a simple bolt on. If not done properly it can cause engine failure.

--Herb--
Yeah installing it wrong can cause the valves to crash into the pistons. reason I asked for guinea pigs

Back