Mirror Tint 3 Sport GT?

zvn

Not that I want to get this done but I would like to ask. Does anyone have mirrored tint on their Sport GT? I know it was a fad for some protege 5's but some looked good with it. Any pics of a 3 with mirror tint? I was thinking the silver on silver might actually look good, any opinions?

z

Why dont people leave their cars stock? Why do you want mirror tint? Are you doin crack off the dash board and you don't want anyone to see?

razorblade kiss said:
Why dont people leave their cars stock? Why do you want mirror tint? Are you doin crack off the dash board and you don't want anyone to see?

Ummm I didn't say I wanted mirror tint, I asked what it looked like. And I don't often want the police to see my friends in the back seat, the size and look of them gets me pulled over pretty quick not thats it any of your biznatch anyway. And if you want a stock car then why did you buy a car that looks 50% aftermarket? hmmmmmmmm so it will look like an aftermarket car maybe lol. I have a hobby and you have a car.

Mistah S

Replica said:
How can something "look" aftermarket?[/QUOTE

Could be the side skirts?. Bumber Skirt? Large Front End Bumper? 17"s with 50 Series Tires on it? Fake Carbon Fiber Detailing? Fake Chrome door handles inside? Aluminum Gas Cap etc etc

I think thats how the car "looks" aftermarket...

M

Replica said:
Those are all stock parts. i r teh confused.

I think you've missed the point, all of those parts have been influenced by the aftermarket seen for the last say 5 years? Thats all I was trying to say. Much like the Loaded Matrix and the Vibe. I don't know if its just me, but have side skirts, low front ends, bumper skirts, etc etc been available on cars in this economy range for a long time?....This is not a typical Stock looking car...I think most will agree with me on that. I know what stock is, I know that all of those come stock...they just don't look like they do. Sorry for the confusion. And for people that haven't seen one at the dealership or own one, without asking, to them it will look like aftermarket equip.

z

hey zvn and replica, the car just looks damn sexy, that's why we all bought one isn't it? :D
if you want to go mirrored tint, go for it, try it out, then post some pics! depending on the colour of your car (you mentioned silver on silver, your car is silver and you want silver reflective tint?) I think it could look pretty hot!

zvn said:
I think you've missed the point, all of those parts have been influenced by the aftermarket seen for the last say 5 years? Thats all I was trying to say. Much like the Loaded Matrix and the Vibe. I don't know if its just me, but have side skirts, low front ends, bumper skirts, etc etc been available on cars in this economy range for a long time?....This is not a typical Stock looking car...I think most will agree with me on that. I know what stock is, I know that all of those come stock...they just don't look like they do. Sorry for the confusion. And for people that haven't seen one at the dealership or own one, without asking, to them it will look like aftermarket equip.

z
You got it ass backwards my son. That look wasnt influenced by the aftermarket scene, the aftermarket scene was influenced by cars that have been doing that for ages. Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Lotus, Lamborghini. Big wheels, body trim, and spoilers do not signify an influence of the aftermarket scene, but rather signify that big wheels, body trim, and spoilers have become more easily affordable for the mass market. 10 years ago, only the exotic sports car companies were doing stuff like that, where as now Mazda, Toyota, Honda (etc) are taking ques from them. Get used to it. THe car buying masses of America and elswhere in the world arent taking after the young hot shot wanna be race car driving aftermarket scene, there taking from the higher class companies, and making it affordable for us.

Damn you guys went really off topic , all he wanted to know if anyone had the tint on thier car ! Chill the fu*k out ,,,

(boom05)
razorblade kiss said:
You got it ass backwards my son. That look wasnt influenced by the aftermarket scene, the aftermarket scene was influenced by cars that have been doing that for ages. Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Lotus, Lamborghini. Big wheels, body trim, and spoilers do not signify an influence of the aftermarket scene, but rather signify that big wheels, body trim, and spoilers have become more easily affordable for the mass market. 10 years ago, only the exotic sports car companies were doing stuff like that, where as now Mazda, Toyota, Honda (etc) are taking ques from them. Get used to it. THe car buying masses of America and elswhere in the world arent taking after the young hot shot wanna be race car driving aftermarket scene, there taking from the higher class companies, and making it affordable for us.
lol - damn - nice way to teach that kid a lesson. I hate when people refer to that stuff as aftermarket. It's trickled down from higher end auto's and people think that companies like APC and WW invented the entire concept.

pWNED!

.....there was an aftermarket scene way before fast and the furious...looks change over time but the spirit never changes...some things are nice and some are rice. the original poster started the thread out as not that I would do this....so for those flaming him for wanting it can stop... tint serves more than 1 purose. yes it helps conseal a crime (Reason % laws exist) but it also keeps your interior cool and last alot longer from cracking from those blastwaves of radiant heat hitting the dash and "Year round heated leather" equipt seats. Cooler car means less a/c needed. Less A/C needed means slightly improved mpg in hot summer months. You also don't need to keep sunglasses to loose or break in the car. cars appearance changes when you add the "Right" tint job to it....red and blue look toooo ghey on almost any car IMHO! Silver cars with silver to smoke look real nice when it fades upward but not sideways or downward...Pretty shure someone in the word has done it but hasn't taken picts of it yet...

razorblade kiss said:
Is telling us we went off topic, going "off topic" ?
Please don't refer to me as "son" when your just learning to step up to the bar. I was talking about the econo market..being ifluenced by the "econo, or compact aftermarket"...in turn was influenced by higher end auto's. My last supra was made 3 years after you were born...and the AWD Turbo Celica shortly after that. You could just reach the pedal's when I got my 97 GTI VR6. Don't need to tell me about the evolution of cars when you haven't even been here for half of it. You don't think we'd have a car like this without the booming aftermarket scene in the last 5 years? For f&&Ck sakes people I did not intend to start some war here. It was just a statement that you never even asked me to expand on. And if anyone else needs to put me in my place....you can do it with your car.....we can use the new mz3 I'm picking up monday (and love) or the 97 VR6@220 HP parked downstairs or better yet the 2003 A4 3L.... Koni Coil overs, Neuspeed Chipped and Intake parked beside it..it hasn't been on the dyno yet so we'll hope for the best.

Punk Ass bitches, think they can step. Later all and thank you for treating me with much disrespect in this forum for making a completely light remark about nothing. I did not mean to offend anyone. I was trying to ask what the mz3 looks like with mirrored tint, it looks like s*** on the 350z....I was just wondering...

(headbang)

thanks DA6...your posts have been very informative and some of them helped me decide on the initial purchase of the car.So you have been a good "inlfuence" I'll use that word lightly this time. Honestly I just wanted to see one..I thaught the silver with silver looked good on the P5 when I saw them done up driving around town.

z

Myself, the only tint I like is the original: black. On some cars, a light shade of the body paint looks nice (I saw a navy blue-ish tint on a blue Integra and it looked pretty decent). Mirror tint is ghetto to me, no matter what color car or what car.

One more question? LOL Why does Mitsubishi have their evo in a commercial where a couple ends up in the city ghetto and runs into a fleet of aftermarket econo compacts, and all the owners of the cars are checking out the "stock" evo. Why didn't they use a porche or a Ferrari to show the influence on the car. Why cause they look nothing like a highend car...they look like a econo compact aftermarket car.

If we're talking about the same commercial, then the couple wasn't driving an Evo. They were driving a stock Lancer, probably the Ralliart. It was the commercial with the most whitebread-looking White people driving a yellow Lancer and asking directions from a bunch of guys standing around their rides, right?

razorblade kiss said:

If you were awake during that time frame you would have noticed that mustangs, celica's, camero's were heavily into the aftermarket scene with, at that time small or big rims, body kits, spoilers etc,some thought smaller wheels were cooler (60's 70's muscle car look,centerlines with mickey T's) My friend paid less for his whole body kit for this mustake 10 years ago, then the front spoiler add on pack for the mz3 (CDN). I guess things are so much cheaper these days. Much like plastic door handles and fake carbon fiber. Yes the car industry is so much cheaper these days. LOL.

Kain said:
If we're talking about the same commercial, then the couple wasn't driving an Evo. They were driving a stock Lancer, probably the Ralliart. It was the commercial with the most whitebread-looking White people driving a yellow Lancer and asking directions from a bunch of guys standing around their rides, right?

Yeah thats the one.....I didn't mean real evo..sorry. Every lancer in Calgary has EVO crap plastered all over their lancers. I should really stop calling them that. I do like the Real Evo...

Back