my evening on the pike....

:
07 F150 HD
So I got all moved today, only half an hour or so from the berlin tpke now, and I had my first saturday off after working fri and sat nights for a year and a half so I went ot check out the scene tonight.

I cruised around with my buddy for probably an hour or so, and we were just on our way home when i get pulled over for no front plate

:D

I have had a lot of ppl tell me that they are pullin ppl over for that but i have never seen it happen.

He asked for license registration and insurance. I had 1 and 2 but no insurance card. Finally found an insurance card but it was expired (even tho the same policy is still valid) and he said if i didnt find a valid one he was gonna tow me. AWESOME

anyways he let me go on the insurance card and just gave me a fine for no front plate....yeaaa hawww...

I told him my front plate was gone cuz its a vanity plate and someone stole it. HE said "oh yea? and filled in the holes and painted your bumper for you too?" I told him I had it zip tied on and he asked if i had filed a report. My question is, if I file a report for a stolen plate, do they cancel that plate and issue a new one? If not then maybe ill plead not guilty (only a 75 dollar fine anyways) and file a report for it being stolen....

When a vanity is stolen they take your other one and make you get new non vanity plates and wait for a year to see if they catch the person who stole the other one, and at that time you can then reregister for your old vanity plate. My sister had her REAR (yeah weird not the front one) stolen while at CCSU.

But yeah your plate wasn't actually stolen I'd guess since I saw it at the NJ meet.

I know this might not be the most popular thing to say... since so much of the country likes to hold their beloved "men in blue" in such high regard... I just hate some cops! I mean, all they are to me is glorified security guards. Aside from the rare instance when they might actually be doing something GOOD, their time is usually spent sitting in a parked car waiting for someone to drive 5mph over the speed limit or pull over dudes for not having a front license plate. ******* LAME!!! yeah yeah... it's the law... big ****** deal! it's a ridiculous law for one and two... aren't there more important matters to attend to? While he's pulling you over for this crap someone's actually commiting a real crime!! if only he wasn't being such a pussy!!!

alright... that's my rant for the day.

btw... if it makes you feel better... the other day I went home to get something... it was only gonna take like 5 minutes cuz I had to grab a few files and make a quick call. I was inside for maybe 3 minutes when all of a sudden some douchbag's practically pounding down my door. (it's a cop) why are the lights of his cruiser illuminating the entire street? why are nosey neighbors peeking out of their windows? Why does this guy look so freakin pissed off? Well... in my haste, I not only pulled my vehicle up to my house on the "wrong" side of the street (ooooooooh!!!!!) but apparently my truck was more than 12" away from the curb. Grand total of BS ticket: $45 If it wasn't incredibely illegal.... I would have beaten the ever lovin piss out of this fat ****! hahaha!!! alright... I feel better. btw... though it'll be a hassle, I'm totally gonna fight this thing outta principal. not sure what angle I can possibly take... just wanna inconvenience this guy with a trip to town hall.

Weird (scratch) did someone steal it out of the back seat on the floor in your car :D

Just be thankful that you didnt have 3 warrants out when you got pulled over for no front plate like I did. (gun)

^^^ Werd. Kyle whats the science? I'm putting AIM on this computer right now. I'll hit you back in a sec.

Yeah, Chico where you been? NEPOC member yet or what? (wedge) (drunk)

i know right.....I bet you could rob any store in berlin or newington on a friday or saturday night without any problem cuz EVERY ******* COP is parked on the pike.

What else is funny, theres like 938209 cars there, none with front plates, all with illegal suspensions (like mine) all with all kinds of illegal things the cops could nitpick about, some even speeding.......yet besides myself, I saw nothing but a few SUVs pulled over.

well I read about the kent meet today... bit late I'd say! actually could've made that one!!! went to mystic on saturday instead. saw a pretty sweet yellow mp3 at a dairy queen or something. anyone know who's that is? so yeah... I think I'm a member of nepoc. I get emails occasionally... if that means anything.

back to the topic of discussion... cops!!! if most of their days were spent doin the crazy ass s*** you see on TV that would be one thing but it's simply not the case for most of them. I realize this is a paradox since it SHOULD be a good thing when cops don't have to battle criminals... but we all obviously know the truth there!!

A few of my friends are cops and even they make fun of their lame ass jobs!! ****** directing traffic all day... and the worst part? $$$$$ that's right... starting pay (40 hour work week) in a small, nothing bad ever happens kind of town like berlin, ct is 54k/year. 54k to eat donuts and pull over "suspicious looking cars" that are missing front license plates. and this is without OT!!!! so you want a little action? don't want to be a pussy and take a job in the burbs... new haven (definitely no berlin!) base pay is 36k... work in NY where the cost of living is like 10 times that of new haven and you're looking at 33k. how ****** up is that??? so you see... as much disrespect I have for the POS dickholes that patrol the pike like it's harbor blvd in compton... I have just as RESPECT for those who actually put their life on the line for peanuts!! is it ****** up to hate someone for making a lot of money the easy way? hell no!! I'm all for that s***! is it ****** up to hate someone for being a pussy... and at least knowing they're not like those "guys on TV"... while making a killing off the tax dollars of an affluent town? yeah... I guess it would be!! it's the cowards that think they're tough... those are the fuckers it's ok to hate!!!

LOL I gotta chill the **** out here!!! if I keep sending out this karma the coppers are gonna be bustin down my door again!!! except this time it won't be due to my car being 13 inches away from the curb.... that's all I'm gonna say about THAT!!!

I think if you have your plate in the front window that's good enough. I don't have a front plate also.

Anyone going to the pike tonight? I probably will be, got my tint done today :)

35% on the sides, 35% front strip, 20% moonroof 20% rear glass

I just popped in to see if there were pics of the pike. lol But thought I would chime in on the good cop, bad cop thing. Not all of us are like that guys. There ARE some people, here in my dept too that get burnt out after a while. And usually if you come across that one guy with either a chip or a bad demenor, you're going to get some flack from em. Even officers dislike other officers as much as the public does sometimes. lol

When an officer is "just sittin in his car", it's usually because they are doing a police report. You would be surprised how long some of those things take. A serious crime especially may take an hour or two, maybe even longer depending on the details and if an arrest was made. Life as an officer is not all CSI and COPS. There's the "some kids whacked my mailbox, come look at the damage", " some kids just walked through my lawn, go talk to their parents", "I lost my cell phone, my phone company wants a police report"...and so on and so forth. True, these are not serious and we don't need to go out there, but some people feel the need to call us for just about ANYTHING. There's a lot that goes on that people don't know about. And every action can land us in trouble or get a complaint. We can never do a job without someone wanting to file SOMETHING. And then when you go home at the end of the day, you have to say to yourself... am I making a difference? It's like the war in Iraq, it's ugly and alot of people don't agree with it, but in the end you hope your making the world a better place.

P.S.
If your plate gets stolen, get a police report. It will cover your ass in case you get pulled over. Just don't take a long time to get a new one. ;)

hehe............well the catch is.......it WASNT stolen........but i used that as an excuse as to why i didnt have one on the front. I said cuz my vanity plates are popular or something someone stole one off the front...

I want to check with a lawyer to see what the law in CT is if i was to put it in the windshield tho..

Back