Saw the MazdaSpeed at the docks

:eek:

Can you take some magazine style spy shots...pleaseeee!

Where is our official news guyneed those exclusive pics again.

;)

yup........its orange......I heard we won't be having the black in Canada..........just like how we don't have the yellow Mp3 here....

I'll try to take some pic if I go by there again.....and I don't have a digi cam...thats a problem.........

WhiteZoomZoom said:
I live in Vancouver B.C. And I saw the Mazdaspeed at the docks today.........They are getting their turbo install as we speak right now.

FANTASTIK!! You can scan in your picture print. Which docks? How do you know they are putting in the turbos? What about the rest of the tricks? By whom?

haha.......seems like you guys are really excited......I live in Richmond....and there is a car dock about 15mins from my house..........They always have the new cars there........Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Nissan, etc....you name it.........Everytime I want to see a car thats not at the dealers......I go striaght to the docks for a sneak peek..........

WhiteZoomZoom

WhiteZoomZoom said:
haha.......seems like you guys are really excited......I live in Richmond....and there is a car dock about 15mins from my house..........They always have the new cars there........Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Nissan, etc....you name it.........Everytime I want to see a car thats not at the dealers......I go striaght to the docks for a sneak peek..........

and you're waiting for what, exactly? I am not getting a Mazdaspeed but I am still pretty excited about it. I glad to see Mazda stepping up to the plate.

Last edited:
i dont get it, why do you say they are putting the turbos on them? I know MS is a mazda north america thing, but they have to get the turbos from the factory dont they? ppl who have tried to take pics of the turbo have said it was hard to get a good shot of
so im guessing it isnt readily accessible to take out or put on as the case may be. and if they came over as regular proteges, then is the whole suspension being put on here too? and the LSD? what about the seats? clutch?

when you say they are putting the turbos on as we speak I picture you sitting on an overpass overlooking a field of newly imported cars and seeing a guy in a vancouver docks jumpsuit walking down a row of orange porteges with a shopping cart full of turbos next to him and his head under the hood.........if this is the case, maybe he is STEALING them and not installing them:D :D

seriously tho, tell us why you say they are gettin turbos as we speak?

Here's a report from TheCarConnection.com:

"CALLAWAY CARS 2003 MAZDASPEED PROTG TURBO

Callaway Cars says its begun building the Mazdaspeed version of the Protg compact. The hotted-up four-door will sport a 170-hp version of the current cars 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine when it arrives for the 2003 model year. Callaway is developing and will produce the 2000 copies for the U.S. and Canadian markets out of its Old Lyme, Conn., headquarters. The Mazdaspeed Protg goes on sale this October."

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5208&sid=173&n=156

ZoomZoomH said:
Here's a report from TheCarConnection.com:

"CALLAWAY CARS 2003 MAZDASPEED PROTG TURBO

Callaway Cars says its begun building the Mazdaspeed version of the Protg compact. The hotted-up four-door will sport a 170-hp version of the current cars 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine when it arrives for the 2003 model year. Callaway is developing and will produce the 2000 copies for the U.S. and Canadian markets out of its Old Lyme, Conn., headquarters. The Mazdaspeed Protg goes on sale this October."

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=5208&sid=173&n=156

Are you saying that I am lying ?? Or you just want everyone to know the news ?

that means that at the old lyme CT HQ of calloway they are beginning production (probably modification) on the mazdaspeeds? Would that mean that what was seen in canvouver is not mazdaspeeds? Maybe I misread this news snippet, but just in case they are bldg the mazdaspeeds in old lyme at the calloway HQ ill take a ride down there with a digital camera handy.....

Calloway's PROBABLY (read: I'm guessing) shipping their turbo kits and having them installed at the dock. Much cheaper than shipping the car to their CT headquarter to do work on :)

My understanding of both the MP3 and the MS is that many of the modificiations were done in the US. I don't think they do it at the individual ports of entry, however. I heard that all of the MP3s (at least on the east coast) came from Michigan, and that was where the stereos, exhausts and suspensions were installed (don't ask me what they installed at the factory, I'm gussing the stock pieces.) I'm guessing the Racing Harts are shipped with the cars (if not on them) since they're Japanese. Maybe the Tokicos were factory installed too. But it doesn't make sense to ship the Racing Beat stuff to Japan just to have it sent back here. You might have already seen this pic from Flat Rock, MI, but it shows about 20 MS Proteges. I'm not sure if they're done or waiting to be modded.

Click for pic.

On the same note, my local dealer said their Mazdaspeeds were shipped August 15th, so they're expecting them any day.

Jason

Last edited:
JASON H.................................
NICE PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where the MP3 was made- US or Japan? This could shine some light on whether these cars are coming out now or they're being put together in NA as of now.

Back