Dirty Interior!!!

:
Mazda 6s Lapis Blue / Mazda3 5-door Sunlight Sliver
Ok, how many fellow 3 owners have noticed how incredibly dirty the interior gets? All the door panels, dash covers, seats, and radio covers get so damn dirty. Every time I touch something it leaves a mark. The materials used are really starting to bother me. Don’t get me wrong, I think the design is beautiful, but if it’s not practical…? I have a 6 and it’s so much better. I know the 6 is more upscale, but I would pay the extra money (couldn’t be more than $100 per car) just to have this frustration taken care of. How many of you have noticed this as well?

Yeah, I noticed it too. Up here the weather is 70's and I ride w/ the windows open and it gets filthy. I can give you one piece of advice...I found that armor all doesn't work to well on the interior. I have been using a clean damp rag.

I have been using 1Z Cockpit Premium for about three months. I can tell when it is ready for another wipe down. Everything will starting attracting dust like crazy. This stuff really does seem to have an anti-static component in the formula. Here is a quote from their advertisement.

Einszett Cockpit Premium lightly cleans and protects in a single operation, leaving a perfect matte finish. Cockpit Premium is a superior anti-static formula with a fresh scent that makes your car smell factory fresh.

I buy from autopia.com

It's a small price to pay for such a beautiful cockpit. I get alot of powdery white smudges around my interior door handles. They do rub rigt out, But its a pain in the butt.

razorblade kiss said:
It's a small price to pay for such a beautiful cockpit. I get alot of powdery white smudges around my interior door handles. They do rub rigt out, But its a pain in the butt.

I don't know if my roommate has leprosy or what, but I always have to rub out the passenger door cause he gets it dirty whenever he rides along.

Try using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for smudges and such that don't come out with regular wipes. That thing is amazing and you don't need to add anything, just use water. I'm sure it would work well on the 6 translucent knobs. It just rubs the dirt/grime right off. Try it in an inconspicuous area first if you're concerned it may damage but I'd highly recommend it. My P5 interior doesn't get too dirty - just very dusty.

poor bastard

Nathan G said:
I don't know if my roommate has leprosy or what, but I always have to rub out the passenger door cause he gets it dirty whenever he rides along.
LOL. Leprosy, all my skin is falling off of me (sung to the Beatles:"Yesterday")

Last edited:
yea the interior gets very dusty, i have been using swifter pads to pick the dust up , it works pretty good ...

yep

Yeah I noticed too, worst place for it seems to be on the door right below the window, on that weird material they use there, can't even touch it without leaving a mark!

I have a 2001.5 VW Passat with the black interior and it collects dust like crazy too. The fabric on the seats collects lint like crazy as well. I have spent a lot of time vacuuming the seats of my Passat to try and keep them looking good.

The lease on my Passat is up in a year and I plan on replacing it with a Mazda 3s Hatchback. One of the things that impressed me on the 3 was the interior ... it reminded me a lot of my Passat. Since I have become accustomed to maintaining my interior, it shouldn't be a big deal having to do something similar in the 3.

big_guy said:
I have a 2001.5 VW Passat with the black interior and it collects dust like crazy too. The fabric on the seats collects lint like crazy as well. I have spent a lot of time vacuuming the seats of my Passat to try and keep them looking good.

The lease on my Passat is up in a year and I plan on replacing it with a Mazda 3s Hatchback. One of the things that impressed me on the 3 was the interior ... it reminded me a lot of my Passat. Since I have become accustomed to maintaining my interior, it shouldn't be a big deal having to do something similar in the 3.
i think the 3 has one of the nicest interiors of any car on the market ..no matter how much you spend on your car ...and i am not just saying that becasue i own one .. (first)

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Just to clear things up, I wasn't complaining about dust. That's easy to clean up. I was talking about the material that leaves marks and smuges (sp?) all over the place. It seems like the whole inside of the car is this way...shoe marks, fingerprints, oil, they're everywhere :'(

yup, thats the same thing that happens to me, right under the window where the material is and the freakin door panels. i get foot print marks on it when someone's sneaker hits it - i just use a damp cloth - actually i use my shammy "the absorber"

doctor3 said:
LOL. Leprosy, all my skin is falling off of me (sung to the Beatles:"Yesterday")

HAHAHA! I almost fell off my chair!

... Leprosy.
That old rotten man just touched my knee.
Now my flesh is falling off of me.
Oh, I think I got leprosy.

Suddenly
I'm just half the man I used to be.
There are pieces coming off of me.
Yes, leprosy came suddenly.

Why'd my arm fall off?
I don't know, no one will say.
I know something's wrong,
'cause my leg just walked away (without me.)

Yesterday,
I could always lounge the time away.
Now my bed is in a slimy way,
Oh, leprosy's ruined my day.

Why did I get cursed
with this rot? I need to hide.
I'm sure I'm diseased
for my spleen fell out my side. (ooooohhhh.)

Leprosy
has become a big problem for me.
All my friends now run away from me.
Oh how I hate this leprosy.

Ewwwwwwww, this is gross.

Where on God's green earth?

Where on God's green earth did you find the lyrics? Everytime I hear that song I laugh my butt off.
Thanx,
Tim

Turtle Wax Minute wipes....... the material the wipes are made off is lint free and the solution in them doesn't foam up like other solutions do when you rub them against rough surfaces like certain areas in our MZ3's interior. I use it on those "dry skin" marks left on the rough surfaces by the doors - works miracles and leaves the area clean. The good thing is, it is antistatic and should do well for those folks that live in dryer climates that are dusty. Cleans everything up real easy. By the way... has anyone sprayed their seat material down with protectant or water repellent stuff yet? My biggest concern with the interior is to preserve the seats... I am not sure I want to cover them with a seat cover - I like it just the way they are. Thoughts anyone?
(eekdance)

dirty interior

Hi - I have a silver MZ3, and YES my interior drives me NUTS to keep clean! The sides right under the windows are annoying as hell, I always get these white marks!!?? The dashboard attracks dust like crazy etc etc.....

I use Armoral wipes.....do an okay job, but sometimes right after you wipe, the mark reappears right away!?!!?

Any other suggestions for good products to use?

Back