2.3L manumatic transmission issues

gpguru

:
04 Mazda 3s Sdn
My trans. shifts very hard in auto mode especially in stop and go traffic and during hard accelleration. anyone else having problems?? It goes into the dealer tonite for for this problem as well as for the rear brakes, HVAC, and driver's one touch power window. Car has 5500 miles on it and I love it but these problems are completely unacceptable. If it needs a new trans I want a new car. (pissed)

Tranny eraticly shifting....is it kinda hard like being rearended from 1-2 in auto mode? sounds like 2 things....outdated pcm or you got the *japjunk tranny. the fix for the 6 was updated pcm from dealership and the shifting was "On Point" after that. only thing is all the dealerships don't update the software regularly so hopefully your dealership does.

as for brakes....good luck cause they still havn't found the solution to the 6...and it was out befor the 3...al it needs is non metalic brake pads...

1 touch window? no clue what the issue was

HVAC the A/C is gonne be hot cause the dash is black...(Darker colors are prone to heatsoak when left out in sun) solution is 1 of 4

1. park out of sun
2. tint windows
3. use winshield shade to block sun from dash
4. go to target and get the window vent(a device that circulates air while car is parked and windows rolled up)
*clarifying that individal tranny was bad and clear up any rumors that it was a ford one before it bacame a mass spread rumor...If it was ford....it would have crapted out on initial test drive...

Feeling your pain.

My car shifts hard from 1st to 2nd when it is cold but once it is warm no problem. Sorry to hear of you trouble. If you bring it to the dealer 3 times for the same problem without resolution then you can look in to enacting the lemon law.

Took the svc mgr out for a test drive in my car to show him the trans problem. He said he didn't feel the poor shifting. I then drove a brand new mazda 3 and it felt the same as mine. Only then did he say he felt the poor shifting from 1st to 2nd. He said it feels like a flutter before it shifts to 2nd. I think the best way to characterize the condition is clutch chatter except for the fact that its an automatic.

Yeah I thought it was just me. I know what you mean by the 1-2 shifting. My friend said somethin about that when he drove my car. I hear our cars have crappy clutches? anyone backin that up? I can't tell that much.

svc mgr just called to tell me i that my car is ready to be picked up. However, nothing has been fixed as currently mazda does not recognize a problem with the automatic transmission. Ditto on the brakes. Even though the engineers on the other end of the tech line in Calif. recognize that there is an EXCESSIVE amount of brake dust accumulation on the rear wheels there is no fix for this condition currently. Guess I'm F_ed on the brakes and trans until something actually fails or breaks.

still can't believe i am the ONLY owner of a 3 in this forum to have rear brake dust issues as well as automatic trans. issues

Chill out dude. Those issues have been beaten to death already, especially the brake stuff...
On the auto tranny, mine jerks a bit as well on 1-2 when cold (worse in winter), fine after a couple of shifts. Just take it easy on the gas or release the gas right b/f it goes from 1st to 2nd. Will check for the latest PCM like the guy suggested during the next trip to dealer.
On the brakes, as long as you don't have any "grooves", you are cool. Think there are some very slight lines on mine, but looks kinda normal to me.

Its at the dealer right now (read thread below) and there are NO updates available for the PCM for this problem. Trans shifts hard from 1st to 2nd regardless of whether or not i drove it for 10min or 2 hours. My brake problem is with brake dust on the rear wheels not with the rotors. Rotors are fine.

Back