Tinting Question

Mardorf

I just bought a Mazda 3S Winning Blue. I want to tint the windows but saw multiple tint selections. I was going with the traditional dark tint when I saw a titanium color tint. My question would be how does the Titanium tint looks on a Winning Blue car. Has anyone seen the tint I am talking about on a blue car and does it make the car look nice or sorry? Thanks.

I've seen titanium tint on a Titanium MSP & I wasn't that impressed. IMO, black & blue is an awesome combination, so I'd just go with whatever the darkest tint is you can get away with in your state (just don't get 5%). I also highly recommend 3M Scotchtint if you can find a reputable shop that installs it.

Answer

Congrats on the car. Nice color too. I would also agree on the 3M tint (best tint on the market hands down!) I see that you live in Weston. I'm from Jax living in Erie, Pa now. The 5% is limo dark, I mean REALLY dark. I had it on my GNX but backing up was a pain in the ass. go with a 35% on the front and 20% on the rear. That will keep the FHP off your ass. As for the titanium I have seen it on cars that are on line but not on the street. I think it looks too bling-bling. My opinion (and we all know about these) stick to the black.

yes, stick to black, it is teh seksAy.
If you are concerned with the law though, dont do what I did and get 20% all around with 50% on the winshield and a 5% wisor strip :D
SLAMMED.jpg

I got 20% all around...I don't like the look of different %s for different windows. Tinting the front window looks good, but that's the one place I'm not willing to compromise visibility & almost everyone I know who had that got ticketed.

Black Majik MSP said:
I got 20% all around...I don't like the look of different %s for different windows. Tinting the front window looks good, but that's the one place I'm not willing to compromise visibility & almost everyone I know who had that got ticketed.
Eh, the front doesnt compromise visibility. You cant even tell from the inside...night or day.

And I know a few people with tinted winshields. out of 3, only one has ever been pulled over, and the cop didnt even notice the windshield...he got pulled for speeding and the cop noticed his rear windows were dark(5%)...coicidentally, I also dont know anyone thats ever been pulled over FOR tint, the cop just noticed after they were pulled over for some type of moving violation.

Thanks all for the info and suggestions. I think I will go with the Stealth. I has a hint of blue in the film which should blend in well with my car color.

Back