Cold Air Intake?

5spd3

:
2004 Mazda 3 Sport GT, Lava Orange
Hey everyone, im new to this site. I own a 04 Sport GT, and im checking arround for cold air intake. For the ones who do have one, did you notice a big difference in hp? Im debating on buying the AEM or Injen. On the Injen site, they claim 11 whp! I find that alot, compared to the AEM. Which one should I get or is there anyone else who sells them?

PS- I live in Canada

Thanks

Do you guys think its worth investing now in the CAI with only a few manufacturers out there making them or do you think waiting till fall will produce more competition and actually have a medium size market for aftermarket parts?? In simple terms should i buy now or wait till more become available??

w00tMasta said:
Do you guys think its worth investing now in the CAI with only a few manufacturers out there making them or do you think waiting till fall will produce more competition and actually have a medium size market for aftermarket parts?? In simple terms should i buy now or wait till more become available??
if the protege market is any indication, then the two or three companies you see making intakes (injen, AEM or K&N) are going to be it, with the exception of a generic or a Ractive brand here and there. I can tell you that prices are not going to drop on these (in the case of the MSP, they actually went UP :( ) and that the gains between the different brands aren't going to really vary

Back