Boston Tinting?

DaViper

:
2016 Mazda6 GT
Does anybody know of a tinting place with good prices/service close to Milton, MA? I'm just outside Boston. I heard Mr. Tint in West Springfield is great, and has very low prices, but they're almost two hours away. Also, is anybody else interested in getting their p5/msp/mp3/protege tinted and trying to get a lower price by going in a group?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next saturday at rev it up! What time and day are people gonna get there?

Thanks1
-DaViper

Drop Astral a PM.....he got a sweet job from some guy close to boston for a great price. The guy did a great job.......

-R

f8a5c15f.jpg

f8a5c16a.jpg

....here are some pics of astral's car w/tint.

-R

Pics dont work, but I found the thread earlier anyways. Looks nice. I guess if I went where he went it would be $200 since I dont have a sunroof. I wonder what they could do since I have a cell phone antenna mounted on my windshiled (has a piece mounted on both the front and back of the windshield) for installing a strip. Billerica is pretty far from Milton I think, since I've never even heard of it....oh well....I'm gonna search and try to find this job done for $150 a little closer to here. I would e willing to drive farther though if there is a group tint so we get better deals.

Thanks!
-DaViper

I have 20% all the way around, looks sweet ask everyone, 3m with a life time warranty. It cost me $150 and they did a great job. Its Mr.Tint but in Northampton, a little bit close to you but not much. I live near both of the shops, so give me a call and we will go for a cruise if you come down here and get it down while you are waiting.

Chris

I'm getting mine done in a few weeks by Driver's Side in Plainville. Well I'm not sure if its still Plainville since they moved. They are at a new location on Route 1 just south of Gillette stadium (about a mile from 495). They used to be a great car audio store but now they are essentially a performace/rice factory. Regarless, I've seen several of their tint jobs and they do a great job. I confirmed that there would be a lifetime guarantee against fading/bubbling/pealing and that they would be doing the rear window in one piece. They quoted $200.

I know Plainville/Foxboro isn't exactly close to Milton, but it sure beats West Springfield.

The guys there are usually on a first-car basis with customers...as in, they may not remember your name...but they will quickly match your face to your ride if you come in again.

I have been thinking about getting my windows tinted as well, but I just have to figure out exactly what percent I want. I hear the legal limit in MA is 35%, and I got a whole car quote of $250 from T3 Motorsports in downtown Boston. I've talked to Chris some about his 20% tint job, but I wanna see just how dark it is...I've had enough tickets in my lifetime, I don't need to be pulled over for something dumb like tint.

It isn't worth the trouble...only in broad daylight will you notice a difference between 20% and 35%.

BostonMSProtege said:
I have been thinking about getting my windows tinted as well, but I just have to figure out exactly what percent I want. I hear the legal limit in MA is 35%, and I got a whole car quote of $250 from T3 Motorsports in downtown Boston. I've talked to Chris some about his 20% tint job, but I wanna see just how dark it is...I've had enough tickets in my lifetime, I don't need to be pulled over for something dumb like tint.

Here are my tint pics, a picture of the shop from the inside as well.

I did 35% up front, 30% all around the rest. You can't easily tell that the back is darker, but it makes the whole car look a little darker. If you get pulled over and have your tint checked, make sure they do the front window. With 35% tint, though, unless you're an asshole, I really doubt any cop will bother. I decided to stay legit, since I drive pretty fast, and having legit (almost :) ) tint is one less problem that I can have.

20% vs 35% isn't all that much difference. It depends on what you want tint for. If you want to conceal the interior, 20% is too light.. you'll need 10% to make it difficult to see the inside. If you want to have that tinted car look, then 20% makes it pretty unmistakable. 35% also gives it a tinted car look, but in some light it's less apparent.

35% on the fronts does help quite a bit against sun glaring from the side. On some days you'll still have to wear sunglasses or move over the visor, but on most days it's quite bearable. I roll down the window every so often to test, and it immediately becomes unbearable.

Blah, just ranting, get what you want :) The Billerica guy does a great job though, and uses a plotter, so he doesn't risk scratching your window w/ a razor and the edges come out perfectly even. In truth, any shop with a good reputation is good (even better if you can check their work on someone's car).

Astral, thanks alot for the input, that is exactly what I was looking for. Hope to see you at some of the drives coming up.

35% at dusk. It isn't the greatest shot but my first shot came out fuzzy. It looks good, can't wait to see it in the daylight. I gotta fix a few bubbles but other than that the people at Driver's Side in Plainville did a good job.
IMG_0199s.jpg

Latest posts

Back