my 626 keeps stalling

93grn626

i changed the spark plugs and fuel filter, yet the car keeps stalling sometimes. does anybody have any sugestions?

thanks

4cylinder or v6?

try posting over at www.mx6.com for info on your I assume older FS series motor since your SN is 93grn626. Mechanics is universal but specifics like the ignition and other electrical parts for the FS are different with the newer and older models. Just some quick help, since you have a 93 check the resistance of the coil for the distributor, it was a common failure(it can be the ignitor module, coil,internal parts etc.). Since you addressed the fuel side of things, move on to the electrical.Check everything over twice. Do you have a check engine light on? Your 93 mazda has a built in onboard diagnostics, read about it in this link

http://home.golden.net/~trinity

Last edited:
actually an afterthought the sytptoms you describe may be fualty fuel injectors and/or pump also. To check this also use a multimeter to test the resistance. Look at your old plugs were they white (lean condition)? Like i said post this over at mx6.com as your problem applies more to the older FS.

These guys have coil pack ignition:mad: hehe

Back