Wheel Spacers?

vodapas77

:
Nada Mazda :( 2001 Chevy Silverado
Well,

Today I finally got my Rota Subzeros installed on the Miata (now badged Roadster :D). Don't worry pics will ensue, I just got done too late tonight.

Anyhow, I love the look of the Subzeros on it, especially when you consider the crap it was rolling on. But, it now appears to me that the rear wheels sit into far. So, I went online and did some research, only to find that it is just my imagination. The front track on the 1999 is 55.something" and the rear is 57"

I think it's the factory body kit playing tricks on my eyes. Since it bulges out in front of the rear wheel it makes the rear track seem narrower then the front.

Now, I know myself, and I know this will continue to bother me. So, I am thinking of getting some wheel spacers for the rear. Nothing crazy. Just H&R 5mm.

However, I don't want to do anything that will adversely affect the handling. In theory they should improve the handling by creating a wider track. But, I kind of doubt it.

So, throw me your thoughts, experiences and even a few opinions. Would adding a pair in back create any problems or should I go for it?

Thanks,

Lang

Honestly, if you're only going 5mm, I don't think it's even worth the $$. You'll hardly be even to tell the difference. A wider track SHOULD improve handling...no joke.

Well considering the fact that rear track is already over an inch more than the front I don't want to go too crazy with the increase. Unfortunately, as far as I have found it goes from 5mm spacers straight to 15mm for the lug pattern I need and that's at like nearly twice the cost. 5mm = $55 15mm = $96. I don't want to buy someting and then be like, "Oh s***. Now it's too wide." lol. I'll definitely do some measurements before I order anything to see what kind of increase will make me happy.

Thanks for the info. on the handling. It's good to know that it will be more than just an appearance mod.

Latest posts

Back