Anyone in the NE area interested in taking part in this project?

Masshole

:
2002.5 Protege5
a few of my friends and i are going to be putting together a jet powered go kart. I'm looking for as many mechanically inclined people as possible to help. I figure the more people we have working on the project, the more ideas we will have. All construction will be custom and we will have to fabricate a lot of parts, so metal work / welding experience is a plus. PM me if you want details or are interested.

Masshole said:
a few of my friends and i are going to be putting together a jet powered go kart. I'm looking for as many mechanically inclined people as possible to help. I figure the more people we have working on the project, the more ideas we will have. All construction will be custom and we will have to fabricate a lot of parts, so metal work / welding experience is a plus. PM me if you want details or are interested.
Please keep in mind that the last person to do this ended up in the Dawrin awards as the Bike they put the jet on lifted off the ground and slammed into a mountain.

Masshole said:
Um...see title below name (not the one is blue).

whoa dude you're a rocket scientist!? See if you can help me with this, been killing me for days...

if x = 5 then x+5=?

and masshole, do you HAVE a jet engine? If so then ok, but if not, i'd just got for a motorcycle engine like the gixxer cart, plenty fast enough.

Everything is going to be custom fabricated... also, i'm not stupid enough to ride the thing; i've already found an idiot for that job.

As far as the engine itself, it's going to be a Lockwood style Pulsejet. Google it if you aren't familliar with it. It's a very simple design, and can be made with pretty simple tools (relatively speaking).

Yes I know there are better ways to make a cart go fast..... I just want to say that I took part in building a jet powered go kart.

I would check Massachussettes wrongful death liability laws before doing this

I had a friend who wanted to build a rocket powered sled. We talked him out of it. How are you going to STOP this thing. It sounds very not safe.

I think it sounds like a good idea, but then again, thats me. I excuse owning a stroked banshees and 250R's...I'd be down for riding it.

1st MP3 in NH said:
I would check Massachussettes wrongful death liability laws before doing this

actually i think you might have the best point yet...
i wonder if i can just have a waiver that says something to the following effect:

I, the undersigned, recognize that taking part in this project is entirely stupid and if it results in my death, the only person to blame is myself, the undersigned. I fully recognize the risk involved and have no problem achieving a place in the darwin awards.

Signed,
Idiot

I, of course will be standing far far away behind a sheet of lexan

Latest posts

Back