One thought on the new MX5

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
i was sitting waiting for my tires to be mounted and car to be aligned today and i was watching some in house generic show on all kinds of new cars.

they had the new MX5 (mazdaspeed) and it was SICK looking :D in a good way...anyhow, they showed it going through a road course, and DAMN that b**** needs a bigger intercooler. the intercooler is like 1/4905432905 the size of the lower grille, it almost looks funny...

i bet if you get yourself a new FMIc as first mod, then a MBC you could kick some ass.

Matthew said:
the intercooler is like 1/4905432905 the size of the lower grille
(rofl2)

We'll see. our only hope for that kind of info report is from Mr. rx7gslse...

Meh, i hate how everyone is like

"AWWW DOG DAT INNACOOLA BE SO SMALLiZZLE. SKYLINE FMIC UP IN DAT DAWG N ULL BE MAD FAST"

Dexter said:
Meh, i hate how everyone is like

"AWWW DOG DAT INNACOOLA BE SO SMALLiZZLE. SKYLINE FMIC UP IN DAT DAWG N ULL BE MAD FAST"
(rofl)

(rofl)

(rofl)

haha, you didn't say it matthew...but it's sorta implied. haha...yes, it's small, but it should do fine i think...

hey couldnt hurt to get a bigger one. if that wasnt the case why do so many msp owners upgrade their little intercooler (despite it being side mount)

im not saying it would hurt to get a bigger intercooler, im just saying stock, im sure its fine.

it's WAY too small. especially in hotter climates like texas. a few runs and that think will become very heatsoaked.

it works... it keeps the car cool I guess, but it should heatsoak pretty quick if you're not drivin much...

Of course, putting a bigger one in there will have a bigger pressure drop and kill some of the boost response... I kinda like that part too :)

A bigger intercool will come.. but there;s a couple other things to do 1st.. (exhaust & gauges next)

Back