Dealership vs CAI +

prboy3

:
Mazda3 Black Mica Auto
Hey Guys and Gals
Yesterday I took my baby to get the "break-in" fluids change...there was an offer (oil change, free inspection, air filter change and a free Mazda3 baseball cap) for about $37.00. I wanted the baseball cap(thumb)!. So I ordered that offer. When I went to pick-up my baby the guy told me it was only $11.99 for the oil change and they gave me the Mazda3 baseball cap(hah) In other words I bought a Mazda3 baseball cap and they gave me a free oil change LOL -----ON ANOTHER TOPIC---At the dealership, I told one salesperson that I wanted to take the air box out and replace it with a AEM or Injen CAI. She told me that the dealership would do anything to blame the CAI for a problem with my car voiding my warranty. Honestly, I don't want that. I asked her If the CAI was from Mazda?, and the dealership Installs it?, she said: then it wouldn't be a problem. My question is, does anybody know if mazda has filters, CAI, or some other Mazda performance parts???

Thanks All
Take Care
Keep MZ3'ing

PRBOY3

Of the Mazda dealerships I've been in, let alone Honda and Toyota dealerships, all of them sell aftermarket CAIs right in their parts department.

I'm going to assume that PR = Puerto Rico...

I'm not sure how the law works in PR but in the US there are laws and statutes that require the dealership to 'prove' that a particular modification on the car caused whatever problem you might be experiencing in order to void any part or your warranty. Now that doesn't mean they won't throw a s***-fit when they see a mod and try to make you give in, but from a legal basis they have no right to void your entire warranty because you got altezzas or a stereo, etc...

Yeah Thanx...
The problem is that I know that an CAI wouldn't hurt my 3..But at least here in PR the dealership wants the easy way out...and that means that If they can blame the CAI then there goes my warranty...
PRBOY3

ok I hear you!!!
Do you know where can I find those laws that protect MZ3 freaks LOL???
PRBOY3

Go to the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association) website.
They have a lot of info about aftermarket adds.
SEMA is bigger than Mazda and they have lots of lawyers.

This is the same dealer crap that Honda, Toyota and even the GM boys have whined about for years. The law is now on your side.

Good luck.

PS My Mazda dealer parts counter guy asked if I wanted him to order the AEM for me through the dealership...so tell them to blow it out their A**.

If your MAF sensor goes bad.. they can say your CAI broke it. If you throw an CEL.. they will charge you to read it if it's dude to MAF sensor. If hydro lock, then you will have to pay for a new engine. If your suspension break, they will have to fix it.

Fobby_Monkey said:
If your MAF sensor goes bad.. they can say your CAI broke it. If you throw an CEL.. they will charge you to read it if it's dude to MAF sensor. If hydro lock, then you will have to pay for a new engine. If your suspension break, they will have to fix it.

whats hydro lock?

Well, my Dealership has a 'Performance Corner' where they sell Tail-lights, CAI, and usually some form of Catback exhaust. That was for the Pro/Pro5, not sure about the 3...I'm sure they will.

Same here... they even sold cars with CAI and Catbacks with lowering springs.

and to create a situation for hydro locks.. your intake has to be almost submerged in water. So the chance of that is pretty low, unless you like to slam your car and driving thru ponds

mazdaspeedpower said:
Well, my Dealership has a 'Performance Corner' where they sell Tail-lights, CAI, and usually some form of Catback exhaust. That was for the Pro/Pro5, not sure about the 3...I'm sure they will.

Damn... remind me to stop in there next time I'm in Kitchener! (attn)

mazdaspeedpower said:
And you guys think we got it all down here in the lower 48. No performance center in my dealership :(

Back