Gauging interest: 1st gen parts for sale

Green01LX

:
2001 Protege LX 5 Spd
I may be owning 2 1st gens. One is an 83, the other an 84. I am going to be putting the 2 cars together, using the best parts. If I get these cars, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying some parts.

First off the 83 is a GS, the 84 is a GSL

These parts would include, but not limited to:

12a engine (84) good condition, not sure how many miles on rebuild
12a tranny (83) good condition, newer clutch (about 30K miles)
12a rearend (83) good condition
12a carb (83) Needs new jets (rebuilt) good condition, minus jets
seats (84) ok condition - red
all glass (84) very good condition
body panels - good condition, needs paint some dents on one fender - front, cant remember which side
multiple interior parts, including gauges, etc (?) ok/good condition

This is just a few of the items that MAY be for sale. If anyone is interested, please post. My friend has had alot of financial troubles lately, so he may be selling these cars to me.

I have no idea what other parts would be for sale. I do know that the better parts will be put into the better car, though that does not mean that the parts being sold would be "bad" by any means. I know that there are only 25-30K miles on the 83 engine, (rebuild) which is why I am keeping it. I also know that the oem rearend on the 84 is better than the 83 (model differences).

After the car is all put back together and running good and legal for street purposes, I will be selling the car. It will be titled CLEAN - NOT PRIOR SALVAGE and will be basically a GSL in a GS body so to speak. Paint will be so-so if I decide not to paint it. Body is better on 83 GS, so thats what I am going to use. I know that the interior wont work out of the 84 GSL, so I do know that almost any/all of those parts will be available.

Again, I DO NOT HAVE THESE CARS AS OF YET. I do not know if I will get these cars. If there is a high enough of a demand for parts, I will talk him into it I am sure. Please let me know what everyone thinks... I do not have any pics as of right now. I will keep you informed of status/pics.

Ian Smith

Last edited:
So, is anyone interested in anything? Or, is there another forum that anyone knows of that would be better? I also may just part them both out... Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Blast! All I need form a 1st gen is the front cover off a GSL-SE 13B engine!

rats, sorry!

Try clubprotege.com too. I think there are more 1st Gens on that board.

kool. thanx. that is all I lack for actually setting the TII engine/tranny in my 1st gen. :D

(braindead) Sorry I am a dumbass. I couldnt put 2 and 2 together. I was trying to figure out what the heck a 1st gen protege was doing in 83 and 84 and them being called GS and GLS. Ooops I will get out of here now. clubprotege.com may still be worth a shot though.

Try shooting a PM to FC3S Boy (chris @ SPD racing) I would think he could help you out.

Fuel pump and engine shoot me an offer. Please know that the engine is good, but carb will most likely need to be rebuilt. If basically all you need is block and internals, Price accordingly.

so you do have a fuel pump.......I'll take it for a resonable price..........name the number...................

OK I am buying the cars. I wont physically have them for maybe a week. I am thinking about the 13B swap pretty seriously in the 83. If this is remotely simple, then it will happen. Any suggestions? What parts will I need? Will 13B bolt up to tranny? How fast am I gonna shell my rearend? If I dont need drivetrain parts from the 83, then it will be for sale. I will have multiple body parts, glass, and interior pieces for sale (including seats, carpet, etc.). If anyone here knows any SCCA people, give them my email:

ismith@email.com

Please put RX7 or something like that in the title so it is not mistaken for spam. If I dont get any replies for a little bit then I will end up putting everything for sale on ebay. I would rather deal with people straight on about this, rather than ebay. I have had a few problems with SOME of the ebay buyers, so this is my reasoning. Anyways, let me know if you are interested in ANY parts, and we can go from there.

-Ian Smith

Back