THoughts on Type V Style Bar

vodapas77

:
Nada Mazda :( 2001 Chevy Silverado
http://www.miatamania.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=41728

What do you guys and girls think? I like the look of it. Has kind of a factory appearance to it. However, as it is a style bar I am assuming it would have zero value in the case of a roll over? The description doesn't say anything about its protective value. If not then screw it, I'm not shelling out that kind of money for something that is appearance only. I'll just get a hard dog. Just seems odd, I've never known Racing Beat to produce something that was only for looks.

It looks alright... I'm jst not a big fan of "style" bars... and at $300 they're not any cheaper than a real rollbar anyway..

Sure it looks factory, but what does it give ya?

If you like it go for it, but I say spend the $300 on something that actually does something... Either makes the car go faster, or if you want a rollbar, at least get a functional one...

All Racing Beat "style" bars offer ZERO protection. They can actually make things worse by bending in on top of your head.

Get a Harddog bar, they don't look as "factory" but they look badass and work badass if the occasion occurs.

Gotcha. Hard Dog it is. I just liked the look of the Type V. But don't get me wrong, I like the look of the Hard Dog too.

I have a harddog M2 sport sitting in my garage hopefully to install this weekend.. I'll take pictures when it's done ;)

that type v rollbar looks mustang cobra/pt cruiser style basket bar. get a hard dog fo sho...i'd get the deuce or the hard sport or something

Hard Dog Sport is your best buy. :) You can pick up a double diagonal like mine for less than $400. :D

DD=no see
get one like i used to have! harddog sport painted silver
miata1.jpg

<shameless plug for my old miata. i miss u! :tear:>

Don't worry guys, you have definitely convinced me. The masses have spoken and they say Hard Dog!!! lol.

Hard dog bars are nice. You may want to consider the Brainstorm Competition bar too.
Its suppose to be a little bit easier to install since you dont have to mess w/ the seatbelt bolt. Plus its got that diagonal bar too. This will be my next project for my Miata soon. Time to get rid of the RB style bar...

I just got back from installing the Hard Dog M2 sport on the Mazdaspeed... Had it painted titanium to match the car..

I gota say, it looks schweeet.

If you need any hints on install, lemme know and I'll help ya out.

rx7gslse said:
I just got back from installing the Hard Dog M2 sport on the Mazdaspeed... Had it painted titanium to match the car..

If you need any hints on install, lemme know and I'll help ya out.
Thanks,

I'll probably need the help. lol. Now you must post pics. I wanna see how schweeet it looks!

rx7gslse said:

(attn) PIX!!(attn)

You can't just TEASE us like that! :p

Hello Diane, I ask for excuses for my English.
Thank you for everything.
My page has my two hobbies, the cars and the painting in white and black.
In your forum, there are people that Spanish speaks?
A greeting and graces.

PD:Very good, your page of cardomain.

Last edited:
trastolo said:
Hello Diane, I ask for excuses for my English.
Thank you for everything.
My page has my two hobbies, the cars and the painting in white and black.
In your forum, there are people that Spanish speaks?
A greeting and graces.

PD:Very good, your page of cardomain.
You're welcome and thank you. :)

I love to paint too, but I LOVE colors. :D

Back