quad rotory RX-7

Iconoclast

:
classic red P5
in the may 2004 issue of superstreet page 182 bottom right is a pic of the rx with a caption that it has a 4 rotory, thier is no other info.

any one ever hear of this?

i know of the unos cosmos tri-rotor and the single and double-but never a quad

yea there was a thread on rx7 club about a 4 rotor, with a video of it, or maybe it was on this website, i forget. The thing was freakin sick though, it reved fast as ****.

i dont know all the terms for rotary engines, but if you connected the housings and lengthened all the shafts, what is preventing you from making a 4 rotor out of 2 seperate motors?

I assume your talking about the silver one from the pics from the 2004 Tokyo Auto Salon,right??I have that issue.That is a sick car and it looks really clean too.

Can U say "787B reborn"??Talk about a sleeper.

You want to know what my fave ride is in that magazine??It's on the Table of Contents,hehe!

Last edited:
i saw the video of that car...it was nuts. it was putting out about 550hp or something. the rx-7 body it was put in had a totally custom body...nothing was left alone. they removed the cover and they showed 4 rotors slicing through 4 spark plug holes. it sounded mean as hell and revved as fast and as high as an F1 engine

Dexter said:
i dont know all the terms for rotary engines, but if you connected the housings and lengthened all the shafts, what is preventing you from making a 4 rotor out of 2 seperate motors?
umm...a developed drivetrain and ignition system ?

jflo said:
umm...a developed drivetrain and ignition system ?
umm, how is the ignition being controlled on this 4 rotor? and what does it have to do with the drivetrain, why wouldnt it bolt into the stock transmission?

ummmmmmmm umm umu um um um ????

The only thing that I know of that has a 4 rotor is the 787B, but the thing has a hard time getting up to speeds high enough to drive on the highways.

hmm...i just watched the scoot vid...those taillights look like they came off a 3rd gen protege

there was one at 7 stock. they never got it to ran, infact while it was there it had no wiring harness or anything. It was just a motor sitting in a rx-7 with significant firewall work.

Back