Boston, MA RIU list

cbcbd

...and it was all yellow
Contributor
:
02 P5
Figured I'd see who's going to be in what group. Post info and we'll get a list going of everybody who's racing so we can look for each other when it's time to race!

The meet on that day starts officially at 12pm, that should give us in group 20 (check in at 1:20) plenty of time in the morning to do all the stuff that there is to do there. Here's the official meet link for that weekend:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48967

RIU racing list
5/22:
---------------------------
bazooka joe - 1
tyusha (+dad) - 11
cbcbd (+friend) - 20
SpicyMcHaggis (+friend) - 20
Gbourdon - 20
volley2six - 20

5/23:
Mp5978 - ?

Monkey butlers:
Official Keymaster - xxMSPxx
Keymaster's assistant - xxmikkoxx

The event will have:

-Sponsor tents - falken...
-Mazdaspeed tent
-Food
-souvenir tent
-Go-kart racing - costs extra to do
-test drive track - low speed, but they had a short straight where you could punch it - you can test mpv, tribute, mazda6, mazda3, rx-8, and miata
-3 racing technique clinics - Grip dynamics, racing line, car control
-One on one sessions with pro drivers - asking questions, tips...
-Main competition course - 2 runs, they take the best time, give you a certificate with your time and points

The 4 times you sign up for in a group are:
1. check in
2. chalk talk - briefing
3. 1st run
4. 2nd run

I know last year I got some free stuff, like a hat, so that's cool

After it's all said and done we'll post board results for everyone

Last edited:
I can't race at RIU cause I am 17, so I am "holding" onto everyone's keys while they are racing....hahahahaha. The monkey butler was doug's thing haha.

Chris

Are you going to RIU Craig? Get to go drive the crap out of a car that you dont own (thumb)

HAAH i should be ashamed im the only one whos old enough to accually drive in the races and isnt driving in the races guess that leves me with chris...oh well

xxmikkoxx said:
HAAH i should be ashamed im the only one whos old enough to accually drive in the races and isnt driving in the races guess that leves me with chris...oh well
Yo, there's still time to sign up. The groups are more limited now, lemme look it up...

<TABLE borderColor=black cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=blacktext>Event Location</TD><TD class=blacktext>Event Date</TD><TD class=blacktext>Competition Group # / Times</TD><TD class=blacktext>Number Available</TD></TR><TR><TD class=blacktext>South Weymouth Naval Air Station - Boston, MA</TD><TD class=blacktext>5/22/2004</TD><TD class=blacktext>2 - 7:20 AM, 7:40 AM, 9:20 AM, 10:20 AM</TD><TD class=blacktext>29</TD></TR><TR><TD class=blacktext> </TD><TD class=blacktext> </TD><TD class=blacktext>3 - 7:40 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:40 AM, 10:40 AM</TD><TD class=blacktext>12</TD></TR><TR><TD class=blacktext> </TD><TD class=blacktext> </TD><TD class=blacktext>4 - 8:00 AM, 8:20 AM, 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM</TD><TD class=blacktext>1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=blacktext> </TD><TD class=blacktext> </TD><TD class=blacktext>5 - 8:20 AM, 8:40 AM, 10:20 AM, 11:20 AM</TD><TD class=blacktext>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So yeah, sign up for an early one, you'll still be there.
You'll be a monkey butler until then :D

Do you actualy race them or just take one out in a little setup cone course for two minutes?

wait a sec there chris is u forgetting that im older then u are! lol...and if i DO sign up i dunno what group to sign up for....with my luck ill total that poor lil 3

OK so just outta curiosity how many people are going to be there both days, the other being the cape crusie??

I am working on coordinating both days' events with regional owners of all mazda models. So ideally we will be cruising on sunday with rotaries 6s 3s and everything in between. That having been said i dont know any #s right now but ill try to get some by the end of this week (estimates)

this thread is terrific but just so you all know im still keeping track of this info in the sticky thread "south weymouth meet"

(friday)

No problems chris. I think we just need to keep rminding people since it is coming up really soon.

Craig - From what I understand it is just autocross in the Mazda 3 but I think they run mirrored courses. There is also Kart racing but I think there may be a fee for that. You can also test drive the new mazda models there.

Back