Talking about WRC...

Do any of you remember the good old days of Rally with the killer Audis? I swear, the modern shi>bits don't stand a chance against the classic. Pretty much only the Skoda, who is owned by VW that owns Audi retains some of the class.
How do you guys feel about the WRC coming to the states next season? See ya all there.

I would LOVE to go and see a rally if they were go come to the states....the only thing is that its not likely that I would be able to attend even if they do....for one thing is for sure.....they won't be holding them anywhere near where I live........so I guess I will be destined to watching on the boob tube.

Guess what!

Sir Nuke-

I have a very nice suprise for you! You're in Texas right? Well, that's where one of the legs of the races is supposed to be held next season!!!! I'm thinking of flying out there to see it, or I might have to catch it on the box :( .
I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for them to finalize that, but this is what counts right now.:D

One happy camper.

Re: Guess what!

TheHonzaP5 said:
Sir Nuke-

I have a very nice suprise for you! You're in Texas right? Well, that's where one of the legs of the races is supposed to be held next season!!!! I'm thinking of flying out there to see it, or I might have to catch it on the box :( .
I guess we'll have to wait a little longer for them to finalize that, but this is what counts right now.:D

One happy camper.

well remember....texas is a LARGE place....and considering the types of terrain that rallies are usually run on....I bet they are having it somewhere on the western part of the state...meaning its probably just as close to you as it is to me....I love on the gulf coast.

do you know WHERE its going to be?

In regards to the good old Audis, keep in mind that they were basically unlimited class cars, pushing upwads of 500hp. Todays WRC cars are limited to about 300hp, that is a huge difference.

Have guys seen much of the old footage? No cowd control and 500hp racing machines, thats something to watch!!!

Ahhhhhhh the good ole days of the Killer B's. Man that groupe B rallying was the s***...to bad we have all these damn regulations now:mad:

Back