Mass approved driver training courses?

Astral

Contributor
Hey folks,

I'm under 3 yrs licensed, and until then, my MA insurance rate costs way more ($2950/yr right now).

There's a way to get 10% off:

"A 10% discount applied to the premium paid for Parts 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 is available for the first 3 years after an inexperienced driver has completed an approved training course."

Anyone know what constitutes an approved training course, and where I could get one?

This would save me at least $300/yr... and I have two more "policy years" to go at that rate...

Feel free to post or PM w/ any information or hookups ;)

If you have a Sears Driving School or Top Driver up there that should do the trick. I have the honor roll discount, the driver training discount, and i'm on my parent's policy with 10% off for being a customer for 10 years or more and 10% off for having homeowner's insurance through the same company and i'm paying 2800 a year to insure a 130hp economy hatchback :)

Insurance is a ripoff, I've never even used it, and I've had a car for almost two years now.

myndfi3ld said:
If you have a Sears Driving School or Top Driver up there that should do the trick. I have the honor roll discount, the driver training discount, and i'm on my parent's policy with 10% off for being a customer for 10 years or more and 10% off for having homeowner's insurance through the same company and i'm paying 2800 a year to insure a 130hp economy hatchback :)

Insurance is a ripoff, I've never even used it, and I've had a car for almost two years now.

Yah, well, you have unregulated CT insurance. MA has no sort of GPA discount or anything like that, no difference between female and male (good for me, really), age doesn't matter (only years licensed).

Holy s*** Astral,

you pay $2950 a year for your insurance........that is crazzzy.

-R

I pay $4600 a year for mine in NJ

Licensed almost 6 years (23rd birthday is this sunday the 18th)
1 speeding ticket (and the 1st ticket is a freebie insurance-wise in NJ)
1 accident

My car insurance is $350 a month
My car payment is $360 a month.

Protege52003 said:
Holy s*** Astral,

you pay $2950 a year for your insurance........that is crazzzy.

-R

I just got a renewal letter from the current insurance company.. .they want $3300/yr for next year.

DUDE what happened why are they increasing your insurence rate thats way f-ed up!!!! thats not right! i hope they dont cut that shiot with me but i feel your pain i pay 3300 now,

I'm paying around the 3000 mark right now, and I'm on my parent's plan. ARGH if I wasn't so impatient and got a protege with the side airbags/ABS package I bet it'd be a lot lower.

xxmikkoxx said:
DUDE what happened why are they increasing your insurence rate thats way f-ed up!!!! thats not right! i hope they dont cut that shiot with me but i feel your pain i pay 3300 now,

Yeah, I don't even know why the premium increase was so steep (10%). From what I remember reading, MA insurance prices were only supposed to go up 2.5%.

At any rate, this year I get to use my new employer's group discount (12% vs previous 8%), and my SDIP rating is down to 14. The best rate I can finangle is ~$3000 for the next year, without dropping to the minimum coverage (e.g. I currently do 30/70 instead of minimum 20/50).

On the other hand, if I move from Worcester to somewhere like Northboro or other "villagey" type place, the insurance will drop $500!

Back