Mazda Remote Start?

binyan8r

for the US 3 Hatch (auto)

is it available? the 3 brochure has it as an available dealer add-on, but the 3 accessory brochure dosen't have it listed.

if i were to get a third-party remote starter/alarm, would the remote start work even if the 3 has the engine immobilizer that requires the key?

don't know about the Mazda remote starter, and I never heard of car manufacturer make such thing for their product. But if you got one aftermarket remote starter, who ever install the thing will need a key from you to put into the module, tricking the car that the key is always in the ignition.

I would highly reccommend compustar remote starter/alarms. I have nothing but good to say bout them and the range is incredible with me.

Offtopic: the new toyota prius has remote start capabilities from the factory (its an option i think)

remote starter for mazda 3 will be available in June, according to mazdausa... so if u cud wait....(freak)

My dealership told me that for roughly $600 cdn I can add in a remote start with remote trunk release.

I am going to take them up on the offer (It is an aftermarket system under warrenty by Mazda)

Ok, I know this is illegal in most states....

Does anyone know how to install a remote start on a manual car? I had the Avital 4200 on my civic. Just installed in and decided to buy the Mazda...

Thanks,
Krs

krstofer said:
Ok, I know this is illegal in most states....

Does anyone know how to install a remote start on a manual car? I had the Avital 4200 on my civic. Just installed in and decided to buy the Mazda...

Thanks,
Krs

12volts red (30A), black/red (30A) + ignition harness
Starter gray/black + ignition harness
Ignition green/yellow + ignition harness
Accessory pink/yellow + ignition harness
Second Accessory yellow + ignition harness
Keysense red/black + ignition harness
Power Lock green/red - driver kick, door harness
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru an 1,000 ohm resistor. Unlock is a straight negative trigger. MUST use relays.
Power Unlock same wire as power lock
Lock Motor yellow/black 5wi driver kick, door harness
Unlock Motor white/black 5wi driver kick, door harness
Parking Lights+ orange/white (L), orange (R) + passenger kick, harness to rear
Parking Lights- black/white - headlight switch
Hazards black/orange - hazard switch
Turn Signal(L) blue + passenger kick, harness to rear
Turn Signal(R) blue/red + passenger kick, harness to rear
Reverse Light green/orange or green/black + passenger kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger see notes + passenger kick, harness to rear
Notes: The LF door is black/yellow, the RF door is black/blue, the LR door is black/orange, and the RR door is black/green. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. These wires are also found at the Passenger Junction Box behind the glove box.
Dome Supervision black/blue to black/red - passenger kick, harness to rear
Trunk/Hatch Pin black/red or black/blue - passenger kick or light in trunk
Hood Pin black/yellow - hood pin switch
Factory Alarm Arm black/blue - driver kick, door harness
Factory Alarm Disarm black/white - driver kick, door harness

Tachometer NOT green/stripe ac any ignition coil or fuel injector
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire red/white + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake black/lt. green - parking brake switch
Horn Trigger black - steering column
Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Transponder Part #: 555U

If your going to install a remote start on a 3 with a manual transmission, the neutral saftey wire is black/orange (-) and is found at the ECM under the hood, in the plug clostest to the firewall. The wires to bypass the clutch switch are in the lower plug on the clutch pedal(use a rely to connect them togeather when remote starting).

beware- i bought akickass alarm system with remote start off ebay. it was only like $100 BUT when icall around for the price of install its $300+

burke said:
beware- i bought akickass alarm system with remote start off ebay. it was only like $100 BUT when icall around for the price of install its $300+
I would install myself... I did it on my civic so I have experience. Although I had to get some advice midway through. :)

Krs

I had a remote starter put on my manual Z24 with remote doors and trunk for $275 CDN including the bypass for the passlock killswitch. The dealership wanted $500 for the same thing without the doors and trunk. You can always find a cheaper price yourself than the dealership. In my case it was the guy that's hired on contract by the dealership that did mine on the side.
As for the killswitch, I don't recommend the ones that put a key in a box in the car. If you do that then there's no real purpose to the killswitch. When my car got stolen and I claimed my starter, the first question my insurance asked was "was there a killswitch bypass" (I had a discount for having the killswitch). I explained to them that the bypass was a module without a key and could only be dissactivated by remote and gave them the installer's number, had no problems with the claim after.
Finding someone who knows how to bypass it properly is much harder (The first 3 installers I called wanted to put a key), but it's worth it.
As for the Mazda 3. I've already spoken to him and he's told me that the Mazda killswitch is easier to bypass than GM's stupid passlock system.

Why are remote starters on manual cars illegal in the states?

Last edited:
alarm

i got the viper LCD remote start for my car... looks like soo..

67_1_b.JPG

i got the alarm for 250$ off a wholeseller, and then i installed it in my MP5 ($50 to install from my installationguy), then i got a mazda 3 and it cost $250 to take it out of my old car, and put it in my new car, BUT the thing with the MAZDA 3 is that u'll need a couple parts.. like a box that u'll put the KEY in cus it's got a transmitter in there to turn the car on, so that's 25-30$ plus u lose a key to ur car, and that's another $50. and the installation took about 8-9 hours to install.. not easy. but i got a great deal! ;) oh yea, if u get the viper LCD alarm like the one shown... DONT DROP IT!!!! or u will lose a couple of the icons.. like it doesn't show when my car is unlock, only locked, and it also doesn't show how muc batterylife i have left... sucks =\ and the pagers cost about 80$

Actually I ordered the Autopage RS850LCD alarm w/remote start. I know I will have to order a new key from the dealer cause I need a spare. but I thought the Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Transponder Part #: 555U took care of the fact that you needed the key to start...

Is this not true?

Krs

Compustar

I installed the compustar alarm w/ remote start on my Manual 3 sedan and I have had a perfect outcome and experience. For the key sensor issue, you just have to get a bypass unit that's available from bypasskits.com for about $90.00 + - Here's a few pics of mine, you can see them on this page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552940

It was a bit of a nightmare to install because there are a million wires for this alarm for all the different set ups you can do to it. But in any case, give the alarm a look over, it's great and has about a mile and a half range (when clear)

Good luck!
(yes)

Holy Crap! Looks like your dash exploded with all those wires... I don't think the autopage is going ot be that difficult.

I've installed on before so I hope it does not get too difficult.

Last edited:
rot8tor said:
remote starter for mazda 3 will be available in June, according to mazdausa... so if u cud wait....(freak)

so is it available yet? couldn't find it anywhere on that site. I'm thinking of going with the Mazda unit just so i don't void any warranties or what not.

IN the middle of an install but have a few questions.

ssinstaller said:
Tachometer NOT green/stripe ac any ignition coil or fuel injector
Wait to start N/A
What does this mean?

It means that you can find the wire at any of the coils on the engine
at each coil there will be 2 wires, don't use the green wire with a stripe, be sure to verify your connection with a multimeter.

the wait to start wire is only necessary for diesel engines.

Ok, But wouldn't the wire be behind the dash also? That is where I accessed it in my civic. Also, d oyou test Tech with AC or DC current?

krstofer said:
Ok, But wouldn't the wire be behind the dash also? That is where I accessed it in my civic. Also, d oyou test Tech with AC or DC current?

I'm sure that the wire is behind the dash some where, but it'll probably take you a while to find it.

Test the tach with you meter on AC .

Back