Who's put aftermarket rims on their 3?

Yaga

Just curious.. anyone have pics? I'm trying to get a good idea of what'll look good on a 3!

Yaga said:
Just curious.. anyone have pics? I'm trying to get a good idea of what'll look good on a 3!

I ordered some, should be here tomorrow or wednesday

hope to have them with tires by next week on the car

but go to tiretrends.ca

they are the nicest people to deal with

I bought a set of ROH Fury rims after I saw them on the "Project Protege" car that I saw on this site.

zoomzoom1.jpg

zoomzoom2.jpg

zoomzoom3.jpg

I decided not to "Plus Size" because of the road conditions up here, but I did want something wider (they're 17x7 instead of 17x6.5) giving me a lot less overhang over the front wheels.

Last edited:
any plans to lower your car? i think there are several brands available now. just don't go cutting the stock ones.

those roh rims look really good by the way. kudos.

Last edited:
Bluntman you said you put 17*7 on ur 3

What size tire did you put on?

Thanks

ps, it looks great, ill post my pics when there put on

Thanks guys! I bought the rims locally, I've had ROH before on both of my previous vehicles so my experience with them has been great. The finish I chose on these rims is what ROH calls their "Chrome Shadow" finish which I think hides the brake dust a bit better than their regular silver finish.

The tire size is actually the same as stock, 205/50r17, but I got rid of the crappy Goodyear RS-As and picked up a set of Yokohama ES100s since many on this board have been very happy with them in the past.

I won't be lowering my car any time soon, I like how it looks. If I decided to "Plus Size" the rims and tires then I would have definitely had to lower it.

bluntman said:
Oh, I forgot to mention. My dad bought himself a red GT HB and had a set of 17x7 Enkei OR52 in anthracite installed with a set of Yokohama ES100 too.

I probably would have gone with the silver finish on those enkei wheels

I know i know people gonna be mad but i love the bling bling on cars. Considerin puttin it on my 3 when i get it. Its RICE i know but its funny how little humans really have evolved We are still drawn by shynny objects. The ladies be like oooooooo shyny drewl...... (boobs)

I am looking only for forged aluminum only, like Centerline, best to drop that weight.

So does any of this effect the Tire Pressure Monitoring System?

that's a good question. I would imagine it would because aftermarket wheels may have a different tire pressure than the stock wheels. the system is basically a little radio transmitter in the valve cap that reports back to the on board CPU.. you may have to talk to your dealer about disabling the TPMS if you get new rims..

this is just my theory anyway, it could be wrong.

how come when people get rims they take no pics of the side view
3/4 views are cool and all but show off the WHOLE rim

Back