carbed Miata motor

jared

Contributor
A few years back I remember seeing some picture of a carburated Miata. Does anyone have any information on this? Who did it? Are there kits for this? anything at all will help.(nana)

Are you sure it was carburated? There are kits out there to add individual throttle bodied intake on there. Looks like a set of Weber sidedraft carbs...

theres a guy named randy here in town that has a carb on the 350ci thats in his miata

Funny you should mention that... This summer my company is going to develop a twin sidedraft carb conversion for the 1.8L motor. We're going to use a pair of Weber DCOEs, proprietary manifold and linkage, and some type of ignition control (we're still weighing our options). I should be getting started as soon as the semester is out, and have a prototype running by mid-July.

Sweet! Keep us updated RoadRage!

And I frequent Austin, so tell me where your shop is so I can visit. :)

Well, the carbs will get started as soon as I have my turbo head package finished up. We don't really have a shop per se. It's basically just two college kids operating out of an apartment. You can come by and have a beer though (drinks)

will do then! :D Only I dont drink. :)

How about I come by and we hit up Lime Creek Road. :D:D:D

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
will do then! :D Only I dont drink. :)

How about I come by and we hit up Lime Creek Road. :D:D:D

Anytime! I actually haven't made it out to Lime Creek Road yet. I've been busy trying to master Spicewood Springs, and tearing over 2222 and Mt. Bonell.

i thought flying miata was building one.......(shrug)

Last edited:
Back