Projected whp on boosted MZ3

hotboy682

what do you guys think that the boosted MZ3 will have as far as whp and what will that convert to on the track as far as quarter mile and such. Im talkin bout an INjen intake a Greddy turbo and a catback exaust

i heard that most turbos deliver 40-44% of added horsepower so bout 70hp
so total would be 230hp
maybe 180whp
i dunno experts help out

Since when is GReddy making a turbo kit for the 3? I don't follow it that much, but I had only heard of using the HiBoost kit for the 6 or the Essential Speed kit in development.

I dont think there is any turbo for the 3 yet by any manufacturer im just saying once its out. I know there are intakes out and some exausts .

you can't predict any numbers on a kit that isn't made, theres to many factors involved. ie. size of turbo, amount of boost being run, ecu tunability, etc.

mp5jeff said:
you can't predict any numbers on a kit that isn't made, theres to many factors involved. ie. size of turbo, amount of boost being run, ecu tunability, etc.

are there limitations that the car has if so what are they if you dont know who does or where can i read on this. Thanx

All I know is that the guys with the 2.3L in the Focus (which isn't even as powerful as the version in the 3) are running low 14s with just I/H/E.

Black Majik MSP said:
All I know is that the guys with the 2.3L in the Focus (which isn't even as powerful as the version in the 3) are running low 14s with just I/H/E.

But there are diffrences like weight right the focus is lighter i think

hotboy682 said:
But there are diffrences like weight right the focus is lighter i think
From Edmunds...

ZX3 2.3L - 2612lbs
3s sedan - 2762lbs
3s hatch - 2826lbs

If you get the sedan (which I prefer), it's only 150lbs more, which is almost nothing & can easily be fixed with weight reduction.

Back