Could the 2005 Protege share this setup?

M

Mac Daddy

300bhp, 0-60 under 5 sec, 160mph, awd
2005focus.jpg

That seems to be the word. Not sure about the Cosworth, but the new gen4 Protege will be based on the Focus platform. More motor and AWD in the future.

well you could bet your last dollar it will end up being limited edition, and not the norm......and it will have people lining up at the dealerships once again to get raped by the dealers themselves for those of us small car hotrodders in search of MORE POWER!!!!

that looks like one of te v8 supercars that ALL reside in australia...along with pretty much all the other cosworths...i doubt we will see anything like that on our side of the pond...

The mazdaspeed 6 will share this engine before the protege gets it. but anything that is made for the next gen focus should work on the next gen Protege and volvo S40/V40. we will have to wait until 2005 to see a cosworth edition of the focus then see if the US will get a version. I bet the the UK will get this car. and we get
a front wheel drive version. what magazine did you get that out of. mac daddy?

you will never see the a FACTORY SHIPPED cosworth over hear. if ford sold that it would blow away the pretty boy mustang. of course that doesnt stop mazda. and if the focus/volvo/protege share the same platform then. you could "POSSIBLE" convert and protege

We'll have to see how much Mazda played around with the chassis for the Protege v. what Ford did for the new Focus.

I'm sure Mazda simply put in stiffer springs and shocks, but who knows. They might have chsnged some of the geometry as well.

Cerainly would be cool to have a Protege like that though.

Motor go fast goodies should work from the Focus to the Protege.

Update:

To my knowledge Ford has left mazda with tuning the chassi and suspension of the new focus. Due to 22 recalls of the past Focus. the mazda 3 will be the same car as the focus above, BUT both the Focus and protege (3 whatever) will be a mazda chassi and suspension

Another rumor too

Due to Fords falling stock mazda wants Subaru to by out fords share of Mazda. Which I would not mind. I use to like Ford, but they suck now. I would still by a 1940 thru 1973 Ford.

hmm but that would mean that GM owns part mazda!!!!!!!!

GM ownz part of Subaru right now but at least that is better than ford owning mazda, ford = poo

IIRC, GM actually owns part of Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI), Sube's parent company. so that could mean GM partially owns Subaru as well, but it's not necessarily the case.

Back