Mazdaspeed Wrc Team

spoolinmp3

Contributor
I heard that mazda is looking to contend in the world rally championships of the 2004 season under the mazdaspeed banner. They will be using the protege as the platform in a AWD turbo setup. Watchout Peugot!!!!!!!:eek:

They will be using the protege as the platform in a AWD turbo setup

We can only hope that this true. That means there is a possibility that a street car will make it to prduction.

Can you say Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII.

Bring on the Turbo, AWD, Production Protege.

In the mid-1980's, Mazda produced the 323 GTX, GTX-R etc. These were designed as turbocharged 4wd Rally cars. The 323 evolved into the Protege. An interesting side note is that a decendent of the engine used in those cars continues in today's Miata.

I can't wait to watch those races.....but unfortunately....just because a turbo AWD version reaches the streets....doesn't mean it will reach OUR streets... :{( but one could hope.

OurP5 said:

We can only hope that this true. That means there is a possibility that a street car will make it to prduction.

Can you say Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII.

Bring on the Turbo, AWD, Production Protege.

Yeah but all that will bring on the $30000 price tag as well....not quite the out of the box budget racer we all started with

A rally homoglation special would be nice though.

Man oh man only if the new mazdaspeed was AWD.........Mazda would have my money and heart.

hey isn't the familia and familia SW 20 AWD in japan? and don't they come with 170HP too?

I hope this one is true!!! I love WRC racing and I can't wait to see some turbo 4WD Proteg in those race! :D

Back